• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Baseball Bracketology Has Nebraska Nowhere Near the NCAA Tournament

Not really a surprise. Our only chance is to win the Big Ten tourney.

But the first order of business is to qualify for the tourney.

If my math is correct, which is rare, all we have to do is win 1 vs Michicant since we hold the tiebreaker over both Illinois and Minnesota to qualify for the tourney. And it's possible, though unlikely, that we could end up the 2 seed? Am I right there?

If my math is correct, which is rare, all we have to do is win 1 vs Michicant since we hold the tiebreaker over both Illinois and Minnesota to qualify for the tourney. And it's possible, though unlikely, that we could end up the 2 seed? Am I right there?

That is pretty much correct. After looking at it more, it is very unlikely that Nebraska would end up the 2 seed because it would lose the tiebreaker in all possible tie scenarios, I believe. The only way Nebraska could get the 2 seed would be to have OSU win 2 of 3 from Indiana and MSU win 2 of 3 from PSU (of course Nebraska would need to sweep Mich).

Heck, Purdue is the only BIG team in the brackets. Why would they put us anywhere? As said, only way is to win the BIG, period!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back