• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Baseball Article on Bubba Starling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigEd

Recruit
10 Year Member
From Royals Prospects

I was going to wait until next spring on this but I see other sites are jumping on the Starling hype wagon. I attended the Gardner-Aquinas game on Friday and I can say it was the best performance I have ever seen by a high school athlete (keep in mind I lived in Southern Cal for 8 years and saw my share of quality athletes) As a football QB this kid will be very, very good at the next level. I don’t know if he plays in the NFL as a QB because his speed could make him more of an athlete in college that does not need to throw. He is committed to a school that has seen it’s share of great, athletic QB’s that never made it in the NFL. Right now the Huskers have a athletic QB that can run like the wind.

He is a great kid but I worry about how he will deal with failing….I don’t think people realize how many players do not know how to fail…guys like Gordon. He will play 4 years in the minors and will have a lot of money from his bonus and will play QB somewhere as a 22-23 year old

I have seen him a lot and he can not hit off speed stuff…….He has 30/30 potential…no doubt…and that is what some teams will see…solid CF prospect with a plus arm but I just don’t think he is a baseball player as much as he is an athlete. As a pitcher he would go rounds 5-9 because of elbow issues and technique issues with arm slot

The only reason I post this is that it gives a glimmer of hope to Husker fans. Most articles I read about his baseball ability are VERY complementary of his abilities, and suggest that he and Scott Boras will be making a LOT of money in the MLB draft.

I'd LOVE to see this guy playing for the BIG RED!

Thanks, Ed. You're right, this does provide some hope. Maybe the Royals are just sandbagging the kid, who knows, but that would imply that the Royals actually had a clue. Maybe they'll pass on Bubba just like they passed on Lincecum and Longoria and ...

Thanks, Ed. You're right, this does provide some hope. Maybe the Royals are just sandbagging the kid, who knows, but that would imply that the Royals actually had a clue. Maybe they'll pass on Bubba just like they passed on Lincecum and Longoria and ...

Hah. Pretty much my reaction. "Like the Royals know talent." They do have an incredible farm system right now, but this is one man's opinion. I hope he's right though... I think we'd all love to see him at Nebraska before he signs a fat contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back