• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bart Starr passes away at 85

Show me an organization that has 3 great HOF QBs as Starr, Favre and Rodgers.

San Francisco might be 2nd but it isn't close after that!

Roman Gabriel? What about Cleveland? I guess none of these QB's played there... but Warner was in St. Louis... so does that count? The Pack had them all in one city.
Hey, if I wanted, I could have thrown Joe Namath in there ... but those weren't exactly his glory years. For awhile in the late 80s it was looking like Chris Jim Everett was on that track before he assumed the fetal position and never recovered. Also, DON'T GO MAKING FUN OF ROMAN GABRIEL! I had his full uniform when I was a very, very small child (three or four years old, I think). Roman Gabriel was and is the greatest Filipino-Irish Quarterback in the history of pro football. Name one other guy who could even make a claim to that title.

Also, Waterfield was their star QB when they played in Cleveland.

As for the "Green Bay" Packers, let's not forget their little dalliance with playing games in Milwaukee there for awhile. "Hey, Green Bay, the Packers were two-timing you for most of the 20th century."

Transcript of actual conversation, circa 1994:
Packers: "Hey, Milwaukee, how YOU doing? You're lookin' mighty sexy in that urban blight."​
Milwaukee: "Ah, you're such a sweet talker...." [aside to someone off phone] "Were those gun shots?"​
Green Bay: "Honey, who you talking to at this hour?"​
Packers: "Uh ... nobody ... uh ... just talking to State Farm about some ... vandalism insurance?"​
Green Bay: "Okay, then. Love you! Good night."​
Packers: "I love you, too, baby. You get some sleep." [back to phone] "I'm back, baby,... how YOU doing?"​

Last edited:

Hey, if I wanted, I could have thrown Joe Namath in there ... but those weren't exactly his glory years. For awhile in the late 80s it was looking like Chris Jim Everett was on that track before he assumed the fetal position and never recovered. Also, DON'T GO MAKING FUN OF ROMAN GABRIEL! I had his full uniform when I was a very, very small child (three or four years old, I think). Roman Gabriel was and is the greatest Filipino-Irish Quarterback in the history of pro football. Name one other guy who could even make a claim to that title.

Also, Waterfield was their star QB when they played in Cleveland.

As for the "Green Bay" Packers, let's not forget their little dalliance with playing games in Milwaukee there for awhile. "Hey, Green Bay, the Packers were two-timing you for most of the 20th century."

Transcript of actual conversation, circa 1994:
Packers: "Hey, Milwaukee, how YOU doing? You're lookin' mighty sexy in that urban blight."​
Milwaukee: "Ah, you're such a sweet talker...." [aside to someone off phone] "Were those gun shots?"​
Green Bay: "Honey, who you talking to at this hour?"​
Packers: "Uh ... nobody ... uh ... just talking to State Farm about some ... vandalism insurance?"​
Green Bay: "Okay, then. Love you! Good night."​
Packers: "I love you, too, baby. You get some sleep." [back to phone] "I'm back, baby,... how YOU doing?"​
FYI ... None of my three Packer's QBs (except maybe early Brett Favre for a year or two) played in Milwaukee!

Seriously do you consider them close to the Packers' triumphant? And for good measure I could throw in Jerry Tagge for the Packers!
No, I was joking at first because I'm a Rams fan (especially the part about Ferragamo), but then I realized that they do have a pretty dang good 3-set of Hall of Famers. Everett could have been the best of them all if he wasn't a whiny head-case. His first few years he was setting records, but hit him a few times, and he was done.

As for the Packers ... :Puke:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back