• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Barry Switzer & Toby Keith to announce NIL plans

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
From what I am hearing, an announcement is forthcoming Friday on plans for significant NIL deals. No details yet, but both have tons of money. Should be interesting to see what it is.

Yeah, NU just won't be able to keep up and I am afraid the sun has set. Oh we can get some decent deals, but will never be at the level of these guys, or Bama, or Georgia, or Florida.. and so on.

Last edited:

How can we get Warren Buffet to help Nebraska NIL? Probably as good a chance as me winning the lottery and setting up NIL deal.

How can we get Warren Buffet to help Nebraska NIL? Probably as good a chance as me winning the lottery and setting up NIL deal.
He won't. He's a miserly investor. Wants to put all his cash away in funds and count the gold it generates.

That's actually a good investment strategy. WB is not the type of guy to toss around stacks of cash like a riverboat gambler, and that's what you need. A greedy, rich booster who likes to flaunt cash and act like a Vegas high roller.

You don't need Buffett. You need Charlie Sheen.

He won't. He's a miserly investor. Wants to put all his cash away in funds and count the gold it generates.

That's actually a good investment strategy. WB is not the type of guy to toss around stacks of cash like a riverboat gambler, and that's what you need. A greedy, rich booster who likes to flaunt cash and act like a Vegas high roller.

You don't need Buffett. You need Charlie Sheen.
Well, if Buffet used his company, Berkshire-Hathaway, it then becomes a direct write off for him, and is not money directly out of his wealth. How you go about that? I’m not sure, but maybe that COULD be a way in. Who knows, but I’d be trying with him still. He does love the Huskers. Maybe he could also get some Huskers involved with Coke, since he owns a large portion of it, or other companies he is involved with. It would be different than him just writing checks to give the U I’d think. Wishful thinking, but they should be trying with him.

Last edited:

Nebraska has several Fortune 500 companies like ConAgra, Union Pacific, Mutual of Omaha, and TD Ameritrade.

There HAS to be a way to promote the businesses using Husker players. UP could easily do one of their legacy passenger runs and pay a bunch of Huskers to be on board and sign autographs, etc. Customers would pay HUNDREDS for tickets to an event like that, so there's profit in it for the railroad, despite their overhead cost of paying NIL money.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back