• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Barron Miles Jr.

Flat Water

Recruit
2 Year Member
Just saw that Barron Miles Jr. is joining the Huskers as a walk-on. I don't know much about the kid, but I loved his dad. The other night I watched the January 1, 1995 Orange Bowl, and as some of you may recall, Miles Sr. had a pretty good game that day. I don't remember his words exactly, but commentator Cris Collinsworth said something along the following lines about Miles: "He can't run that fast and he can't jump that high, but he just keeps making plays!" I think he was a bit more athletic than Collinsworth was giving him credit for, but we can all agree that he was a great Husker player.

Last edited:

Great read. Didn’t know the story how much this young man went through as well as a father’s love. I am excited and can’t wait to see him play.

Now I have three reasons to cheer for this kid.
1. His father was to this day one of my favorite players.
2. He has a lot of potential talent.
3. The kid is obviously a fighter who will NEVER give up. (like his father the DB that was too short to play.)

Dude, there's a whole list of former Huskers whose careers should "automatically" get their kid a walk-on spot. Assuming they have one of course.

Suh's kid
Crick's kid
Lavonte's kid
Ameer's kid
Dumas' kid
Farley's kid

Hell, even Monte Christo's kid

Last edited:
Now I have three reasons to cheer for this kid.
1. His father was to this day one of my favorite players.
2. He has a lot of potential talent.
3. The kid is obviously a fighter who will NEVER give up. (like his father the DB that was too short to play.)

I still have memories of him laying out and blocking punts. Seemingly jumping to the sky to intercept or knock down passes.

MR. MILES, we thank you, your dad/family and our coaches and players to WELCOME YOU TO NU! I still have great memories of your dad playing for the HUSKERS!

YOUR DAD would be up against players twice his size and height--when he would go into the pile of giants, most of the time, he would come out on the other side and race down the sidelines for a big gain or a TD! He had a real gift to find the holes and then drive through them like a BULLDOZER! MAN, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

YOUR DAD would be up against players twice his size and height--when he would go into the pile of giants, most of the time, he would come out on the other side and race down the sidelines for a big gain or a TD! He had a real gift to find the holes and then drive through them like a BULLDOZER! MAN, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
Barron Miles Sr. was a great defensive back and special teams player at NU. The one TD I remember him scoring was when he smothered an Okie St. punt in the end zone.

Really good article. He will be an easy kid to root for! Hope he has the success on the football field that he wants. If not, we have a tough dude and a fighter that is gonna make the team and the scholarship guys above him on the depth chart work.

Really good article. He will be an easy kid to root for! Hope he has the success on the football field that he wants. If not, we have a tough dude and a fighter that is gonna make the team and the scholarship guys above him on the depth chart work.Pet
The work thing: if there's a walk-on learning routes, blocking and getting open, they will have a chance to play. We've seen it from Todd Peterson to Brandon Reilly to Kade Warner...

Should be fun.

Dude, there's a whole list of former Huskers whose careers should "automatically" get their kid a walk-on spot. Assuming they have one of course.

Suh's kid
Crick's kid
Lavonte's kid
Ameer's kid
Dumas' kid
Farley's kid

Hell, even Monte Christo's kid

even Santino Panico's kid?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back