• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Barrett Ruud, How to attack Slide Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shanle

Recruit
2 Year Member
Proud to have Barrett Ruud as a Huddle Insider, as well as being recognized as a National Expert by Huddlepass.com

I want to talk a little bit today on linebacker techniques when dealing with a team that slide protects. There are million ways to dial up different blitz schemes to attack certain protections, but I want to focus on subtle techniques that linebackers use to give themselves an advantage.

Slide Protection Defined:

First off, a brief description of slide protection is when either three or four of the offensive lineman step with a zone mentality to whichever side is declared, with the back stepping in the opposite direction. The side that the offensive line slides is determined through a pre-snap indicator by...click here to finish article.

Hey Andrew.....I see your coaching as a DC at Cypress High School in Texas.....

What is the competition like in your league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back