• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banwarth

The John Cook coaching tree is huge!! His influence on the sport of volleyball will go on for decades. :thumbsup:

LargeTree.jpg

Last edited:

Have to ask, when the time comes and Cook retires, which branch of this ever-growing coaching tree comes back to replace him?

At some point, you have so much success creating your own thing (e.g. Louisville), that carrying the torch becomes less interesting?

By the way – file all of this under "good problems."

Good for women's collegiate volleyball
Good for Ole Miss
Good for Nebraska

Have to ask, when the time comes and Cook retires, which branch of this ever-growing coaching tree comes back to replace him?

At some point, you have so much success creating your own thing (e.g. Louisville), that carrying the torch becomes less interesting?
Not sure...Dani Bussboom-Kelly? Chris Tamas? Who leads well enough to build the Players AND the Coaches? Gonna be interesting to see the answer to your question when the time comes!

Lot of good choices but I think that Cook looks like he might have another 10 years in him.

As long as he keeps getting great assistants to help ease his workload, you may be right. Once it becomes too much work, then watch out.

If I were an up and coming assistant I would jump at the chance. If you are successful as an assistant under Cook you will get a HC job somewhere.

I think he is pretty picky though, and if I remember correctly he requires a two year commitment. I think one of the former assistants only did one but then got a job leading USA Volleyball or something like that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back