• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker's Thoughts on Firing

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I find it funny that we're still arguing about the way Banker got fired when people didn't even want him hired in the first place or wanted him fired after the first year.

I'm trying to understand why you believe that people, specifically Mike Riley, lack integrity when they talk on the phone.
I cannot believe how obtuse you are. Talking on the phone is not the issue. Firing someone, who has worked for you for 20 years through a phone conversation, is the issue. And, by the way, I did not say Riley lacked integrity. All I said is that is not how I would have handled it. Now, if you keep hassling me, you can hold hands with two others in my "ignore" box.

Last edited:
I cannot believe how obtuse you are. Talking on the phone is not the issue. Firing someone, who has worked for you for 20 years through a phone conversation, is the issue. And, by the way, I did not say Riley lacked integrity. All I said is that is not how I would have handled it. Now, if you keep hassling me, you can hold hands with two others in my "block" box.

You said that you would have done it in person because you were raised with integrity. You also said it was "unfortunate" how Riley handled it. Is integrity a proximity based value?

You still haven't answered why the phone is an issue. You keep saying in person is better than phone, but don't tell us why.

As far as "blocking" me goes, it's your choice if you want to pass up on the opportunity to learn a few things from me while you are around here.

You said that you would have done it in person because you were raised with integrity. You also said it was "unfortunate" how Riley handled it. Is integrity a proximity based value?

You still haven't answered why the phone is an issue. You keep saying in person is better than phone, but don't tell us why.

As far as "blocking" me goes, it's your choice if you want to pass up on the opportunity to learn a few things from me while you are around here.
What a complete freaking joke. You are simply too stupid to converse. You are now in the "ignore" bathroom.

Asking questions is hassling?

MSMbOOc.gif

No, asking a question is fine. But, when the question is answered, and the person continues to pursue the issue just for the sake of hearing the lone marble roll around in the vast space of his empty cranial cavity, that is hassling.

No, asking a question is fine. But, when the question is answered, and the person continues to pursue the issue just for the sake of hearing the lone marble roll around in the vast space of his empty cranial cavity, that is hassling.
Except you shut down jikastew, bman and basil pretty quickly when they asked about how the actual situation would have affected your thought process. Banker was en route to Tulsa from his vacation in Oregon and I think the timing was pretty obvious that Riley had to strike while the iron was hot. Though not ideal, making a phone call is an acceptable way of letting Banker know his contract wasn't going to be renewed. That you would have done it differently is irrelevant.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back