• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker's Thoughts on Firing

Well, he should have never brought him to Lincoln in the first place. Agree with Banker, face to face is the only way, even if you gotta fly around the country to do it. Even more so because of their relationship.

Why not after the bowl game? Why wait? Was almost 2 full weeks after the Vols game. As for him having a wife to take care of and a house to sell, please. Not much sympathy here. Sympathy is reserved for good folks whom struggle to keep the heat on in this cold. Unless he's an idiot, dude is financially set for life.

Well, the other side of the issue is that if Riley wanted Diaco, he needed to move fast and couldn't wait for Banker to come back.

Crappy deal to get canned over the phone, but it probably makes sense given that in 48 hours Diaco was hired. He was a hot commodity and had to move.

I feel it was a timing issue. Diaco fell into Riley's lap and he had to act right then and there. No nice way to fire someone. I wouldn't want someone to fire me face to face.

Big boy's game. Big bucks. 20 years a good run.

Nebraska, not Oregon St or San Diego (LA) Chargers.

Best of luck, coach. Might be a spot open for you at Ohio or Youngstown. Or even the Redskins.

Next.

Last edited:
I feel it was a timing issue. Diaco fell into Riley's lap and he had to act right then and there. No nice way to fire someone. I wouldn't want someone to fire me face to face.

I think you are exactly right about the timing issue.

I still think face to face is better. But phone is better than Banker finding out Diaco was coming in to interview for the DC job when he was still DC.

Welcome to the Big Time Banker. It will chew you up and spit you out fast if you don't produce. It isn't Oregon State.

Well, he should have never brought him to Lincoln in the first place. Agree with Banker, face to face is the only way, even if you gotta fly around the country to do it. Even more so because of their relationship.

Why not after the bowl game? Why wait? Was almost 2 full weeks after the Vols game. As for him having a wife to take care of and a house to sell, please. Not much sympathy here. Sympathy is reserved for good folks whom struggle to keep the heat on in this cold. Unless he's an idiot, dude is financially set for life.
LOL

Probably not but I would guess that Sip and McKewon called Banker for an interview. I didn't see anything in the story that suggested who called whom.

I agree. Nothing I've seen about Banker suggests to me that he would go seek out a reporter in order to air his gripes. I feel really bad for him and his family. It's a tough business.

Meh....I suspect 95% of the people in big time college football can figure out why it happened the way it happened. MR had his guy and couldn't wait for Banker to get home to make his move. Its a business and people get let go in all sorts of ways. Frankly, I'm more confused why Banker complained about the phone call. Seems petty to me.

I agree. Nothing I've seen about Banker suggests to me that he would go seek out a reporter in order to air his gripes. I feel really bad for him and his family. It's a tough business.
Apparently there was a tweet saying Banker called but I haven't seen it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back