• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker's Thoughts on Firing

Is there a good way to fire him? Riley has a team to run and recruiting to manage.

I'd be willing to bet that Riley didn't like it either unless someone is suggesting that HCMR was grinning like a fool and giggling over having to fire Banker over the phone. He did what he had to do and people need to move on with it.

Weak move to fire your friend of 20 years over the phone while he's on the road recruiting for you.
This is obviously a difficult situation for everybody. I agree that it is best to fire someone face to face, and that is how I have always done it.

On the other hand, A) Calling Banker and telling him to come back to Lincoln would have resulted in him asking why, which leads to the same result; B) Since Stewart hadn't officially left yet Banker had to go to create room for Diaco; C) I suspect (with no evidence to back this up) that the initial discussions probably took place during the AFCA meetings this week, and Riley had to strike while the iron was hot; and D) If Riley waited to bring in Diaco for an interview until he had brought Banker back and fired him in person, Diaco might be the new DC for Arkansas right now.

This is obviously a difficult situation for everybody. I agree that it is best to fire someone face to face, and that is how I have always done it.

On the other hand, A) Calling Banker and telling him to come back to Lincoln would have resulted in him asking why, which leads to the same result; B) Since Stewart hadn't officially left yet Banker had to go to create room for Diaco; C) I suspect (with no evidence to back this up) that the initial discussions probably took place during the AFCA meetings this week, and Riley had to strike while the iron was hot; and D) If Riley waited to bring in Diaco for an interview until he had brought Banker back and fired him in person, Diaco might be the new DC for Arkansas right now.
:nod:

Do "Grown Ass Men" call up a paper and cry about how they were fired?
Probably not but I would guess that Sip and McKewon called Banker for an interview. I didn't see anything in the story that suggested who called whom.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back