• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Banker's Thoughts on Firing

Once again, you are dead wrong. I am a very strong Riley supporter and have been from the start, while many on this board were critical. You have no freaking clue. I like what he stands for and how he conducts himself. I like the direction this program is moving. I just think it is unfortunate that the dismissal was done over the phone. Stop making unfounded speculative statements when you don't know what you are talking about. With your attitude and stupid assumptions, I can imagine that you have ample experience at being canned many times. Any more harassment from you and I will hit the "report" button and block you from further conversations. .

What is "unfortunate" about terminating an employee over the phone rather than in person?

Still waiting for an explanation of your position....

So should have Riley waited until Banker got back to Lincoln after his vacation in Oregon even if it means he may lose Diaco to Arkansas?
I tend to agree with this, although, I seriously have to assume that there is more to the story than a tweet or 2 on the tweeter. :Biggrin:

Once again, you are dead wrong. I am a very strong Riley supporter and have been from the start, while many on this board were critical. You have no freaking clue. I like what he stands for and how he conducts himself. I like the direction this program is moving. I just think it is unfortunate that the dismissal was done over the phone. Stop making unfounded speculative statements when you don't know what you are talking about. With your attitude and stupid assumptions, I can imagine that you have ample experience at being canned many times. Any more harassment from you and I will hit the "report" button and block you from further conversations. .
Buzz off, whiner. You've been riding the negative train for quite some time, so don't try to wrap yourself in this veiled righteous indignation. You didn't say it was unfortunate, you created into some major issue. Unwad your shorts, you've been caught speaking out of both sides of your mouth, it's not the first time, and likely won't be the last.

Last edited:
Having been "fired" in person, it really isn't that big a deal how it's done. Test, Phone, Letter, voicemail, smoke signals, sending someone else to tell ya,: the results are the same: You're Fired.....then you whine about it to whoever will listen....then you plot revenge. Hopefully you move on to better things so that you don't have to execute your revenge plans.
I can honestly say, I've never been fired that way, at least, not in this particular life. That would kinda suck actually, as every one with in viewing distance would see it, no tweeter needed.... :eek::Biggrin:

So should have Riley waited until Banker got back to Lincoln after his vacation in Oregon even if it means he may lose Diaco to Arkansas?
And that's what this boils down to: terminating someone not getting it done, and going after someone you believe will improve the program. If we hesitate we likely have to look for someone of a lesser quality. Is the face to face that important? Is having the program possibly suffer because some posters think sitting across the desk saying 'your fired' is different from hearing it during a phone conversation? This is nitpicking at its finest.

I do not know how the situation transpired with Diaco. For me, face to face would have been the way to handle it. Just the way I was brought up.

Don't buy that for a second. This is a guy that's been a friend and loyal employee for 20+ years. Riley could of jumped on one the private planes and met him in Denver. This wasn't Riley's sole call, he's got more class than that (I think). Diaco hired two days later? This screams of a lot of activity going on behind the scenes and the word quickly coming down of a change.
Geez, dude, was Banker your uncle or something? It's a business decision, and based on the schedules of all involved we didn't have the luxury of doing it in a calm fireside chat and subsequent warm embrace. I'm sure Banker knew he was being evaluated and his position not guaranteed.

Lest we forget, the 2 teams with the largest point spread against us in 2016 (89 combined) scored a total of 3 points in their bowl games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back