• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bama coaching staff

How does expanding the playoffs help?

You make Alabama play a #8 seed and destroy that team by 40+
More teams in the playoffs and contending for the playoffs makes more teams attractive to recruits who want a shot at making it to the playoffs. Right now, if you really want to sign with a team who has a shot at the CFB playoffs, you have 6 to 10 choices. Expansion would increase triple that.

Trolls? You mean there are trolls in here pal?
D0922B2F-F2DF-4525-B3E9-025AA8D398B4.jpeg

While Alabama has certainly been very good over the last several years, it's worth mentioning that this is only the second time they've gone undefeated under Saban. They are beatable.

Looking back in history, the scholarship limit and doing away with the partial qualifiers hit NU harder than most. Unsure if that was done to bring "parity",but it did (as a fan) seem to impact NU more.

I look at the new NCAA Student Bill of Rights that has been presented in Congress......Where players would be allowed to negotiate their own contracts for endorsement deals, likeness etc.....As well as test the NFL draft market, to include announcing for the draft, but if they do not get paid, they can come back to college. They can also transfer without restrictions.....I look at this and realize it will destroy all, but the wealthiest and "best" programs. If you think Bama is a factory now, what HS kid wouldn't go there to make mad money on endorsement deals....IIRC, a football scholarship player, with revenue sharing alone in this bill would stand to make approx $173k per year....

Looking back in history, the scholarship limit and doing away with the partial qualifiers hit NU harder than most. Unsure if that was done to bring "parity",but it did (as a fan) seem to impact NU more.

I look at the new NCAA Student Bill of Rights that has been presented in Congress......Where players would be allowed to negotiate their own contracts for endorsement deals, likeness etc.....As well as test the NFL draft market, to include announcing for the draft, but if they do not get paid, they can come back to college. They can also transfer without restrictions.....I look at this and realize it will destroy all, but the wealthiest and "best" programs. If you think Bama is a factory now, what HS kid wouldn't go there to make mad money on endorsement deals....IIRC, a football scholarship player, with revenue sharing alone in this bill would stand to make approx $173k per year....

I couldn't agree with you more on this point.

More teams in the playoffs and contending for the playoffs makes more teams attractive to recruits who want a shot at making it to the playoffs. Right now, if you really want to sign with a team who has a shot at the CFB playoffs, you have 6 to 10 choices. Expansion would increase triple that.
Correct. It would take several years to come to fruition, because in year 1, yes, Bama is destroying the #16 (or even #8) team. Ten years later, however, it should help distribute talent and give fans a better product to watch.
Also, what would "one and done" do for college football? When teams like Bama and Clemson are constantly turning over parts of their roster, it might be harder to compete in the playoffs and allow teams loaded with 4th and 5th year players to compete better. I'm not necessarily endorsing it, but the way things are going with the player Bill of Rights, I'm not convinced we won't be there shortly.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back