• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bama coaching staff

I still think the next equalizer might need to be something along the lines of limiting how many five star composite recruits you can have in any recruiting class. This would be similar in effect to the scholarship reduction to 85.

Kids are going to Bama because they want to win games, but MAINLY because they see it as their best ticket to the NFL.

And let’s be honest, when many four star kids get Bama coming after them, the recruiting services artificially jack their ratings for those kids up to five stars because the recruiting services figure Bama knows best. By limiting a school to something like 2 five star recruits, the recruiting services will be much less likely to artificially increase a player's stars if Bama comes calling.
There’s only so many five stars in every class so I don’t think the services are doing what you say. Not sure they’d be wrong if they did because Bama certainly knows what it’s doing right now and to discount that is foolish.

Last edited:
There’s only so many five stars in every class so I don’t think the services are doing what you say. Not sure they’d be wrong if they did because Bama certainly knows what it’s doing right now and to discount that is foolish.
Correct. There are only 25 to 30 5 stars in each class.

Alabama has created a monster and can get just about any player they want. They coach and develop better than any other program, and because of that they get the pick of the litter every year. They shouldn’t be punished for being better than everyone else. We sure as hell would not have suggested any rule changes to break up the Nebraska dynasty of the 90s. Eventually Saban will retire or die and maybe they drop off a bit. Maybe.

If we want to increase the competition for the elite programs the best way to do that under the current model is to expand the playoffs so we don’t just see the same 4 to 6 programs playing for the CFB Championship every year. Expand that opportunity and visibility to some other programs and you’ll see the playing field level a bit. Expand to 8 teams at a minimum. 12 to 16 would be even better if you really want to elevate more programs and produce a better product.

Does anyone know if trolls wear socks?

Dobby_sock.png

I would like to know how you go about starting a thread as I can't find any information on it. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it very much - thanks GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back