• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

bagging Thanksgiving this year

FLAinCALI

Amazingly Humble
10 Year Member
Just found out that we will not be cooking this thanksgiving. In-laws are coming to town and we are heading to the Grand Bohemian for Thanksgiving dinner.

I usually don't do buffets. I have done the buffet at the Rainbow Room in NYC for Thanksgiving and we did a steak house in Grand Central Station in NYC as well for Thanksgiving. The Union Club in Philly and some place in Chicago a number of years.

I am all for cooking a feast up on Thanksgiving but I also have to say that a nice meal out on Thanksgiving is a nice change of pace (both times in NYC we went to the Macy Day parade before hand).

Here is the menu: http://www.grandbohemian.com/media/uploads/5/restaurants/28/Thanksgiving_grand_buffet_2013_1.pdf

I know this the cooking section of HM but what different things have you done for Thanksgiving (food wise)?

We have eaten bagged food in an airport, grilled steaks, hit a chinese buffet, straight up snack food all day, soup bar, and also had 3 kinds of turkey preparations and 3 pork preparations all on the same table. That last one nearly killed me.

Attachments

• 7482_max.jpg
    7482_max.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 63
I was informed that we are going to have brisket for thanksgiving this year. Since I do not have a smoker I am playing around with an idea of how to cold smoke and tenderize a brisket before I throw it in the Big Easy. I shall report back when I have more info. Muahhahahahahahahaha

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back