• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bad Trips to Nebraska games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that is was a bad trip because it was just down the road......living here in Arizona I went to the 1995 ASU/NU game in TEMPE.......MISERABLE!! 25 game winning streak gone......NE fans out numbered ASU fans 2 to 1.......and we choke it! LOL To this day, almost 20 years later, FOX Arizona Sports channels plays that game once a year as a "classic" ASU game LOL

I was there too. Funny thing is, I've probably run into 200,000 ASU "fans" over the past 15 years who swear they were at that game.

1983 Minnesota game

My host was the Minnesota Ticket manager, my former college roommate. NU won 83 to 14 and after the game he took me into the gopher locker room. Of course, he checked first to be sure there were no players left in there.

We went in and several assistant coaches and admin staff were sitting there drinking heavily. When they saw my Husker shirt they complained about how TO had run up the score. I replied, "The Huskers didn't throw the ball, and if you wouldn't have put everyone in the box, and could have made the tackle before our runner got to the secondary, the score wouldn't have gotten out of hand."

They agreed, but were still unhappy that Rozier reentered the game in the 4th quarter. with all the drinking, I knew it wasn't wise to engage them in any more debate.

1983 Minnesota game

My host was the Minnesota Ticket manager, my former college roommate. NU won 83 to 14 and after the game he took me into the gopher locker room. Of course, he checked first to be sure there were no players left in there.

We went in and several assistant coaches and admin staff were sitting there drinking heavily. When they saw my Husker shirt they complained about how TO had run up the score. I replied, "The Huskers didn't throw the ball, and if you wouldn't have put everyone in the box, and could have made the tackle before our runner got to the secondary, the score wouldn't have gotten out of hand."

They agreed, but were still unhappy that Rozier reentered the game in the 4th quarter. with all the drinking, I knew it wasn't wise to engage them in any more debate.

The Husker reserves were tired from running down hill in the second half. T.O. had no choice. He had to put the starters back in.

Big 12 title game in 06' was my first husker game. Flights were cancelled, delayed, cancelled...walked in to a hotel room in Newark and scared the crap out of two women who were already booked in to the the room they gave us. Got to the hotel in K.C. and they didn't have a room for us that we had booked for a while. Eventually we still made it there. Oh yeah, and it was a touch chilly at the game too. I don't mind the cold, but that was foolish!!

2001 NC game at the Rose Bowl... just the game. The weather, stadium, tail-gating and everything right up until the opening kickoff were great. Watching the 'Canes man-handle the Huskers on the field and having to hear it from their fans for that couple of hours pretty much soured the trip.. But, still glad I went :Biggrin:

I've written about this story before on HuskerMax, but it fits this thread. For me it was the 2012 Citrus Bowl game VS South Carolina. Travel was great, just a 90 min. drive. HuskerMax tailgate was great, thanks to Smoker and SC for NE group.

Right before halftime the SC dude of generous proportion who was sitting behind me fell on me, broke my ankle in two places. I was carted off, taken to an Orlando hospital, had 13 stitches to suture up a cut and had surgery the following day. Probably was and will ever be the most expensive Husker game I will ever attend. The worst part about the day, the Huskers lost the game.

I've written about this story before on HuskerMax, but it fits this thread. For me it was the 2012 Citrus Bowl game VS South Carolina. Travel was great, just a 90 min. drive. HuskerMax tailgate was great, thanks to Smoker and SC for NE group.

Right before halftime the SC dude of generous proportion who was sitting behind me fell on me, broke my ankle in two places. I was carted off, taken to an Orlando hospital, had 13 stitches to suture up a cut and had surgery the following day. Probably was and will ever be the most expensive Husker game I will ever attend. The worst part about the day, the Huskers lost the game. ��

Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back