• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMO quitting drinking would solve the problem. Easier said than done, I realize.
Much easier to quit driving. Stupid mistake, it is my opinion that we let the legal system handle the consequences, I'd feel the same for a student/player. Ugly thing is Reilly had a DUI earlier this year and some will correlate the two incidents, which likely have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:

With regard to recruiting, lets see where the chips fall in the coming weeks. Chances are, sadly, that most families have someone fairly close to their circle who has a DUI. Most of us know people who have gotten in their cars after parties, corporate dinners, whatever, and shouldn't have been driving. Lots of parents will look at this and say, "there but for the grace of God go I". After some reflection, I would hope people, recruits and otherwise, look at this and ask one question. Does this make Keith Williams a worse person than he was yesterday or is he the same good dude who, like the rest of us, is flawed, and his flaw happens to be alcohol related?

practice makes perfect
evidently

man that's a PR nightmare.... 20/20 hindsight, but call a cab; or assign an intern DD wingman to follow him everywhere. Or perhaps finally a useful BBS use?, post a distress signal in a thread & some local poster will come drive you home, anywhere anytime.

With regard to recruiting, lets see where the chips fall in the coming weeks. Chances are, sadly, that most families have someone fairly close to their circle who has a DUI. Most of us know people who have gotten in their cars after parties, corporate dinners, whatever, and shouldn't have been driving. Lots of parents will look at this and say, "there but for the grace of God go I". After some reflection, I would hope people, recruits and otherwise, look at this and ask one question. Does this make Keith Williams a worse person than he was yesterday or is he the same good dude who, like the rest of us, is flawed, and his flaw happens to be alcohol related?
I'm thinking I wouldn't trust my drunk brother in law to mentor my son unless he got his crap together

Not sure really what to say. Obviously on the outside looking in but I am not sure how you can keep him in a position of leadership around the players at this time. If the priority is football I am sure he stays, if it is his health and well being there should probably be some time away. Priority number one is get some help the rest will take care of itself.

The 5 star wide receiver flood gates may have just closed.

Also, other college and professional teams may think twice about trying to add him to their staffs after this potential 3rd incident.

This will definitely be used by other schools competing against Nebraska for wide receivers.

I hope he gets the help he need with support from family, friends, the team, and the university.

Last edited:

I won't pile on as we do not realize the demands the public makes on coaches. Hard to go to a restaurant without someone trying to ingratiate themselves by buying a drink. It's no excuse as he would advise a player to get a ride. Hope he has a good attorney. Just shows he is human. I do not live in a glass house so no stones.

From a legal perspective he needs a damn good lawyer. From a personal perspective he needs a "come to jesus" awakening. Hope he has both.

Keyshawn Jr. ‏@keyshawnnnn 49s49 seconds ago
Can't believe what I just heard
1f612.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back