• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrible. I'd like to come in with "hope we don't just ditch the guy", etc, but this move takes so much luster off of what I believe is this staff's biggest recruiting advantage-the environment they provide for your son.

That said, the way Riley handles this could speak volumes to recruits, players, parents alike with regard to accountability, trust, family, and loyalty.

NU athletics aware of situation. "We will continue to gather additional information and will withhold further comment at this time.”
Maybe this is it.

The length of time since the last conviction could come into play regarding sentence. Still not a smart move. Time to get some help if needed coach.

I hope we do not fire him. Imo that would be the wrong move. He should be punished and allowed a chance to straighten up as this is the first mistake while on the team. But his rope should be short and his punishment strong. But short of firing

the b
Terrible. I'd like to come in with "hope we don't just ditch the guy", etc, but this move takes so much luster off of what I believe is this staff's biggest recruiting advantage-the environment they provide for your son.

That said, the way Riley handles this could speak volumes to recruits, players, parents alike with regard to accountability, trust, family, and loyalty.
the best way to handle this may be to send him away for treatment, have a GA handle his duties until he gets his crap together

“The Nebraska Athletics Department is aware of the incident involving Assistant Coach Keith Williams," the university said in a statement released early Sunday afternoon. "We will continue to gather additional information and will withhold further comment at this time."

Some answers may be better than others, but there is no good answer. Alcohol remains the number one issue that otherwise wonderful people just can't seem to handle.

Well this sucks. He just stuffed a lot of recruiting momentum in the dumpster and lit it on fire.

I hope he gets his life together. A 3rd strike is pretty inexcusable.

Well this is honestly the first time since his hire that I don't feel we have to worry about someone coming in to try to hire him away.............TEXAS!!!!!!

I hope we do not fire him. Imo that would be the wrong move. He should be punished and allowed a chance to straighten up as this is the first mistake while on the team. But his rope should be short and his punishment strong. But short of firing

IMO quitting drinking would solve the problem. Easier said than done, I realize.

There are also two different minimum and maximum jail times based on the BAC level.

• BAC between .08 and .15 – jail of 90 days to 1 year
  • BAC .15 and greater – jail of 180 days to 5 years
Nebraska has a lookback period of 15 years. If the BAC was less than .15 then the third offense is a misdemeanor. If the BAC was .15 or higher and the third offense occurred in the 15-year lookback period, the charge will be a felony.

Sounds like a felony charge if all three were within 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back