• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bacon wrapped Grilled Cheese Sandwich...

Whoa. That's a game changer. I can feel my blood thickening just looking at that. Does it come with a side of bacon?

I think that my cholesterol just went up about 80 points just watching that video.... :drool:

That may just be on my weekend to try list!

Do you have a fryer? I don't and I fry everything in cast iron. I haven't bought a fryer specifically to keep myself from frying everything in the refrigerator. I think could still make that work though. Let us know how it turns out.

I've been going so hard that I have only BBQ'd once this summer so that is on tap this weekend or I'd probably try this myself.

Do you have a fryer? I don't and I fry everything in cast iron. I haven't bought a fryer specifically to keep myself from frying everything in the refrigerator. I think could still make that work though. Let us know how it turns out.

I've been going so hard that I have only BBQ'd once this summer so that is on tap this weekend or I'd probably try this myself.

I have an older typical turkey fryer with the bit pot that sits over a propane fueled fire, works well but is a huge PIA to clean (if you save the oil).

Last T-day I bought an "indoor" turkey fryer to test out. I did the turkey outdoors but have since used it numerous times indoors for wings, chips, etc... I love it. It's easy to use and clean up. The only bad part is that it doesn't get crazy hot like I sometimes like to do with smaller batches of wings/chips on the second fry so it only sits in there for a minute but it does get hot enough to get the job done.

I do have cast iron and have used that for some smaller (usually single batch) items.

78572520.jpg

I've been out a few times this year, did 2 prime ribs a few weeks back that were amazing. Just did steaks last night, low and slow to start and hot at the end. Maybe the best steaks I've ever cooked. Nearly perfect uniform temp from crust to crust. Almost no brown layer under the crust.

The wife said it was as good as Mahogany's in Omaha (I made a parsley/garlic compound butter to top it off with).

I have an older typical turkey fryer with the bit pot that sits over a propane fueled fire, works well but is a huge PIA to clean (if you save the oil).

Last T-day I bought an "indoor" turkey fryer to test out. I did the turkey outdoors but have since used it numerous times indoors for wings, chips, etc... I love it. It's easy to use and clean up. The only bad part is that it doesn't get crazy hot like I sometimes like to do with smaller batches of wings/chips on the second fry so it only sits in there for a minute but it does get hot enough to get the job done.

I do have cast iron and have used that for some smaller (usually single batch) items.

78572520.jpg

Thanks for the info, I'm going to look into that. I feel you on the subsequent batches while using cast iron, takes a minute to come back up to temp and that's a pain in the butt if you're cooking for larger groups of hungry people. Love my cast iron though and I'll probably never fry chicken in anything but that.

I've been out a few times this year, did 2 prime ribs a few weeks back that were amazing. Just did steaks last night, low and slow to start and hot at the end. Maybe the best steaks I've ever cooked. Nearly perfect uniform temp from crust to crust. Almost no brown layer under the crust.

The wife said it was as good as Mahogany's in Omaha (I made a parsley/garlic compound butter to top it off with).

Congrats on the steaks, those sound delicious. I make some fairly serious gourmet burgers and have smoked those in the past and they were fantastic. I love smoked meat. Now I'm hungry. :eek:

Thanks for the info, I'm going to look into that. I feel you on the subsequent batches while using cast iron, takes a minute to come back up to temp and that's a pain in the butt if you're cooking for larger groups of hungry people. Love my cast iron though and I'll probably never fry chicken in anything but that.

Congrats on the steaks, those sound delicious. I make some fairly serious gourmet burgers and have smoked those in the past and they were fantastic. I love smoked meat. Now I'm hungry. :eek:

Smoked burgers is something I've never done, but I'm thinking I need to do it!

I could go for a really good burger right now!

Smoked burgers is something I've never done, but I'm thinking I need to do it!

I could go for a really good burger right now!

Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed. I do make my burger fairly large though, roughly 1/3 pound range with a 50/50 mix of ground pork and ground, grass fed chuck. Not sure if the size/makeup have a huge impact but that's what I've always done. Oh, and I use hickory and apple for the burgers.

I wonder what that bacon wrapped grilled cheese would taste like fried???

78572520.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back