• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Backup Plan

That was last year's class. Ga. has a top QB in this class though already committed. Like top 7'ish IIRC.
If I am not mistaken, GA, in the last 2-3 years, signed 2 - 4*, 1 - 5 * QB, and 1 - 3* QB. All I know, if Georgia gets Raiola (which I don't think they will), we could always grab their QB that hits the portal afterwards.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, GA, in the last 2-3 years, signed 2 - 4*, 1 - 5 * QB, and 1 - 3* QB. All I know, if Georgia gets Raiola (which I don't think they will), we could always grab their QB that hits the portal afterwards.
I wonder if that makes Nebraska maybe attractive to Raiola is the fact if he gets here and the program is still in disarray he has option to transfer out?

One thing I'll say about Rhule is that he seems quietly confident. The fact that he doesn't really have a backup plan and is putting all his eggs in one basket leads me to hope that perhaps he knows something we don't.

I wonder if that makes Nebraska maybe attractive to Raiola is the fact if he gets here and the program is still in disarray he has option to transfer out?
Not sure. I have zero idea what he thinks. I do know that the "current" leader, USC, has a 5* QB on it's roster and several high 4*'s on roster. Too be honest, not that he is scared of it, but any choice besides Nebraska (don't even think about GA Tech, not happening), he is going to be competing against a lot of 4*'s and some 5*'s. Again, not saying that he would shy away from that, but it still a reality, nonetheless.

Complete and utter speculation but I do wonder if the family has already made a decision and the country-wide tour is simply a hedging strategy. Build relationships with all of these guys, "just in case".

The above speculation is based on no information, insider knowledge, or expertise whatsoever. It merely representing the mental wanderings of an insomniac at 2:30 am while sitting in his La-Z-Boy praying for sleep or a glorious death.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back