• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G TEN has these 4 schools on their wishlist

ND is always going to have an issue. One of their issues is that some of the research done in tje consortiun goes against Catholic teaching.

All of the Big Ten's current member institutions, except for Nebraska, are AAU members, as are UCLA and USC.

Huskers will be kicked off (AAU thing). Return to Big 12 conference !!! :eek:;). Or FBS Independent.

Keep in mind, Karen Warren still in charge ......

Last edited:

ND is always going to have an issue. One of their issues is that some of the research done in tje consortiun goes against Catholic teaching.
I didn't even think of that. But with enough $ the objections might become less stringent.

If anyone thinks that ND has anytype of Moral objection to anything you are sorely mistaken. They are as hypocritical as anyone else. It is about the money. Go read "Under the tarnished dome" to learn about ND. As a matter of fact, they are more selfish than anyone in the NCAA's. It is me, myself and I with them, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Notre Dame is not the “great” fit in the b1g that everyone thinks it is (see Nebraska)

Notre dames individual tv pkg prob doesnt make anywhere close to what a BIG school makes. I dont know for sure, but im repeating what i have read 8-10 different times and places

Notre dames individual tv pkg prob doesnt make anywhere close to what a BIG school makes. I dont know for sure, but im repeating what i have read 8-10 different times and places
Looks like the contract covered 2016 to 2025, which in hindsight looks to have been very shortsighted of ND. Every figure I have found was $15M per year, which was the amount of the contract in 2016. Crazy. Still a lot more than the MWC numbers I was able to find at $4M per year. The disparity between the G5 and P5 is insurmountable.

aviva-stadium.jpg

2023 Notre Dame-Navy game to be played in Dublin Ireland. Is it too late to change from Navy to Nebraska? Obviously ND is a home venue .... well take it back ....
wntfusax2t52x9mzaxrz

2001 NU @ ND

I don't know about this. 10 years ago I would have agreed, but the thought is shifting within the walls there.

Even if their TV contract tripled, they would still be pulling in roughly half of what the Big Ten and SEC teams are making by current estimations. I guess it all depends on how much revenue they think they need to operate and how much their "independence" is worth.

Even if their TV contract tripled, they would still be pulling in roughly half of what the Big Ten and SEC teams are making by current estimations. I guess it all depends on how much revenue they think they need to operate and how much their "independence" is worth.
They have a bleeping amount of money as is but their professors want into the B1G for research and other monies that would be available to them.

The B1G could force ND's hand through scheduling if they really wanted.

If the CFP stays at 4, I would expect fewer big teams will schedule ND for OOC and that's going to lead to ND needing to join a conference.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back