• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Schedule Is Out; Huskers Open 5 Sept vs Rutgers

That is true and funny—-but a team charter is probably exempt.

Why would they be exempt. Do you feel the players, coaches, and all the other personal that will go are somehow safer then anyone else. I'd think those people would be a much higher risk then a bunch of us older folks.

That is true and funny—-but a team charter is probably exempt.

Unfortunately I don't think so. The state would have to make a special exemption for this. I don't see how they could, given that the whole purpose of the visit is intentional close contact with 70 people from out of state.

Maybe Nebraska falls off the NY/NJ/CT list by then, but that doesn't look encouraging at the moment.

If Rutgers traveled here, they'd have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to NJ.

So ... my money's on us not having a game on 9/5.

Last edited:
Why would they be exempt. Do you feel the players, coaches, and all the other personal that will go are somehow safer then anyone else. I'd think those people would be a much higher risk then a bunch of us older folks.

Probably because they will all be tested before they go. Not the same as commercial travel.

Unfortunately I don't think so. The state would have to make a special exemption for this. I don't see how they could, given that the whole purpose of the visit is intentional close contact with 70 people from out of state.

Maybe Nebraska falls of the NY/NJ/CT list by then, but that doesn't look encouraging at the moment.

If Rutgers traveled here, they'd have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to NJ.

So ... my money's on us not having a game on 9/5.

Don’t you think this was all discussed before scheduling Rutgers?

As of right now Nebraska can't even travel to Rutgers, it's on the list of states with travel restrictions into New Jersey. Thanks BiG!
Switch to Lincoln venue instead of Piscataway. Probably other B1G teams complained ....... 6-4 instead of 5-5 (home/away)

Last edited:
Probably because they will all be tested before they go. Not the same as commercial travel.

It isn't the way they travel, it's the people themselves.

One person driving in a car by themselves with no other person with them would still have to quarantine 14 days. It's the person not the way they travel.

Wish we could have moved the first game to Thursday or Friday, but it looks like those two days are already taken in the schedule.
Ohio State at Illinois (Thursday, Sept. 3)
Indiana at Wisconsin (Friday, Sept. 4)
And then Illinois gets two extra days to prepare before our game with them on the 12th. :Rolleyes:

Here's a thought ... if any school will not be ready to play on week 1 it will be Rutgers ... NU and RU do not have similar bye weeks so if the game had to be postponed and rescheduled it would be the week before the B1G championship.

Additionally if a postponement were to happen that means like in 2018 ... we potentially walk into our first game of the season (Illinois) where they've played a game and we haven't!
Listening to Sam on the Benning/Severe show (yesterday) they were anticipating Purdue as game 1 and not playing. The interesting thing is they felt the program had a backup plan. So don’t be shocked to see a South Dakota home game should Purdue cancel.

In fact I will stick my neck out and say we won’t play Rutgers and the BIG will let us backfill the game with a lighter foe. You heard it here first!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back