• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Post Season Honors

John Beilein (MICH) named coach of the year by the media

Ridiculous choice by media. UM coach did a great job but nobody did a better job than Miles. Michigan isn't ranked much differently than they were in the preseason. Granted they lost McGary but they had plenty in the cupboard.

John Beilein (MICH) named coach of the year by the media

I listened to Beilein's interview. He knew who was really coach of the year. When asked what the media award meant to him, he responded by saying, "Nothing!" He graciously gave the props and acknowledged Miles for his accomplishments and being picked by the coaches. Class act for doing that.

So Scott must have sent in a letter after all.

Congrats Coach Miles. Well deserved in my non-basketball expertise opinion.

I listened to Beilein's interview. He knew who was really coach of the year. When asked what the media award meant to him, he responded by saying, "Nothing!" He graciously gave the props and acknowledged Miles for his accomplishments and being picked by the coaches. Class act for doing that.

Ditto. Beilein gave a class interview.

Cool, which is why I generally give coaches awards more weight than media...except in college football polling...

Last edited:
Pitchford had a good year also. Statistically, he should have been in the honorable mention conversation as well. Congrats to Miles and Petteway.

Nice job men... BTW Miles should have won both coaches and media coach of the year...

If you watched the show, Coach Beilein came right out and said, in words, Coach Tim Miles deserves to be Coach of the Year, period.

He went on to say, Coach Tim did a great job, and he and his coaching staff are to be commended!

Coach Beilein, I salute you :salute: for your honesty and integrity. I am now a fan of yours, also.....but not when it comes to winning, ok? :welcome:

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BGRed
Cool, which is why I generally give coaches awards more weight than media...except in college football polling...

Except in '97 ;)

Bada' Bing!! :cheers:

Miles was incredibly deserving. Imagine what he could have done with Michigan's roster.

Yeh, especially if no one was on the injury list!!! :eek:

Sure glad we have him. I love his personality and his giddiness, to boot! :)

Not surprisingly, no Huskers made 2nd team All B1G. I'm guessing Shields will get honorable mention

You have to realize, our bench is very young and inexperienced. What you see is what you get. These 7 or 8 guys are doing a great job,
with little backup for them.

Wait until next year! :)

That was great, coming from you! You made me chuckle, my good friend.

Oh, btw? I said the same thing, watching the show!! :thankssign:

But, when I heard Coach Beilein give it up for Tim, I was
stunned. Man knows his coaches, right? ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back