• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G expected to proceed without UM/MSU

If UM and MSU do not play - there will be others - Minnesota, Rutgers and Maryland ... likely Northwestern too!

That narrative is by one chancellor - at Wisconsin - not confirmed or verified elsewhere!

Oh, I know. I never said anything about confirmed. Believe me, I'm a huge skeptic about all of these rumors. This has been an endless cycle for a month, so I'll only believe it when it comes official word. My point is simply the fact that another story conflicts, thus lessening the overall credibility.

Last edited:

Oh, I know. I never said anything about confirmed. Believe me, I'm a huge skeptic about all of these rumors. This has been an endless cycle for a month, so I'll only believe it when it comes official word. My point is simply the fact that another story conflicts, thus lessening the overall credibility.
And this is where leadership should come in.
It truly is embarrassing no matter what the outcome.

If the 8 game season with 1 bye week is the outcome then ideally there will be 9 B1G teams that will play - tOSU, NU, Iowa, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Penn State ... leaves 2 more needed ... Northwestern and Wisconsin?

Leaves UM, Minnesota, MSU, Rutgers and Maryland is outliers.

Someone in the other thread was talking about Rutgers bringing NY TV sets I think Syracuse would have achieved the same and given a reasonable better shot of decent sports.

Someone in the other thread was talking about Rutgers bringing NY TV sets I think Syracuse would have achieved the same and given a reasonable better shot of decent sports.
Sure but Syracuse does not bring New York City. Penn State is literally closer to NYC than Syracuse.

Sure but Syracuse does not bring New York City. Penn State is literally closer to NYC than Syracuse.
It's to bad because I think the BIG might have been able to snag Pitt in 2012-2013. They were in the Big East and looking for a home at that time. Of course PSU would have blown a gasket but they would have been an excellent fit for the Big 10 imo. Long excellent history in college football.

It's to bad because I think the BIG might have been able to snag Pitt in 2012-2013. They were in the Big East and looking for a home at that time. Of course PSU would have blown a gasket but they would have been an excellent fit for the Big 10 imo. Long excellent history in college football.
Penn St owns Pitt....I'd think they'd love to have another annual patsy.

Penn St owns Pitt....I'd think they'd love to have another annual patsy.
What's kind of strange is they played each other almost every year for a 100 years which stopped in 2000. Then they didn't play again for 15 years because PSU wanted an unbalanced home schedule in their favor. They wanted to play like 3 games at Happy Valley versus 1 in Pittsburgh. So that killed the series for 15 years and only restarted in 2016. The series is not real lopsided except in recent years. Penn State leads, 53–43–4 all time. Pitt would have been a great fit for the BIG and they are also a AAU school. I read somewhere PSU did not want to share the lime light in the BIG with another PA school. I think it only takes 1 vote against to stop any school from joining the Big 10.

What's kind of strange is they played each other almost every year for a 100 years which stopped in 2000. Then they didn't play again for 15 years because PSU wanted an unbalanced home schedule in their favor. They wanted to play like 3 games at Happy Valley versus 1 in Pittsburgh. So that killed the series for 15 years and only restarted in 2016. The series is not real lopsided except in recent years. Penn State leads, 53–43–4 all time. Pitt would have been a great fit for the BIG and they are also a AAU school. I read somewhere PSU did not want to share the lime light in the BIG with another PA school. I think it only takes 1 vote against to stop any school from joining the Big 10.
Pitt would have been a much better pick than Maryland or Rutgers. I always thought the PSU-Pitt game was one of the great classics.

Pitt does nothing for me. Meh!
Much better fit then Maryland or Rutgers imo. The University of Pittsburgh claims nine national championships for the Panthers football team: four that are mostly unanimous, (1916, 1918, 1937, and 1976) and five shared titles (1915, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936). Compare that history to Maryland and Rutgers? :Lol:

Heck Pitt was already ranked 25th before the season was interupted with Covid. Over all Pitt is far superior imo to both Maryland and Rutgers at least when it comes to big time football.

Pitt would have been a much better pick than Maryland or Rutgers. I always thought the PSU-Pitt game was one of the great classics.
In defense of MD at least they have a pretty storied BBall tradition. They are basically a second IN. Really good at BBall and OK at football. Whereas Rutgers is OK at BBall and atrocious at football. MD all time in football is above .500. Whereas Rutgers is sub .500. Believe it or not Nebraska actually has a better all time winning percentage in basketball than Rutgers. How that happens with an northeast school is hard to fathom.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back