• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G considering TD Ameritrade Park for postseason tournament

Probably would depend if Bellevue made the NAIA WS

I don't recall the particulars, but I believe the NAIA is a championship where the host team gets an automatic berth each year regardless of record. This, of course, ensures a good gate, at least when that team is playing. Lewis & Clark State is the host school, the event is held in Lewiston, ID

Since this is a 10 team, double elimination tourney, it makes it pretty easy to throw in the host school. I think Papillion could match an average of 1,995 per game.

More here:'

http://www.lcsc.edu/naia/2012/fun-facts.htm

More from Tom Shatel today:

Odds are the Big Ten baseball tournament is coming to a stadium near you in the near future. But which one? TD Ameritrade Park? Or Werner Park? A Big Ten Conference official visited both sites last week. Each offers its own advantages.
Downtown, the Big Ten would be at the home of the College World Series, surrounded by hotels and eateries, and room for a huge following in Husker red. That would look good on the Big Ten Network. But so would a packed house at Werner, which doesn't have the surrounding things to do.
The deciding factor might be MECA's loyalty to Creighton and the Missouri Valley Conference. MECA President Roger Dixon told me on Monday that the Big Ten wants a three-year commitment; Dixon says MECA isn't willing to go beyond a year. It wants to be flexible to get the Valley tourney again, and Dixon said the Valley would be a priority because CU plays at TDA.
Because of the CWS tie, the Big Ten would be smart to jump into a TDA rotation. But Werner would work, too. The Big Ten (Columbus, Ohio) and Valley (Springfield, Mo.) are both tied up this year. Keep an eye on 2013.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back