• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Coaches Talk Anonymously - Front Page Article

alabamahusker

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...s-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2018

"I like the rah-rah attitude from the first day he got there. But the reality is they’re not that good on the offensive and defensive lines, and that’s going to be a critical problem this season."

Therein is the main issue for this season no doubt. Once that gets fixed moving forward, watch out...………..
Or as Coach says - "you better get us now"........

GBR!

The DL is going to be way better than people think. The OL will be a little better.

Hard to win in any league with poor line play and it's why I suspect the O/U is set at 6 right now. Hopefully we can work through it this year and be serviceable on the OL next year. I have my doubts that 2019 is going to be substantially better at OL, but fingers crossed.

"He needs a quarterback, that’s not really big news. I know there are a lot of guys competing, and there’s a true freshman (Adrian Martinez) who will also get a look. Scott has gone through this before as OC at Oregon and at UCF. He’s going to find a tough guy -- I’m telling you, he’s serious about that -- who’s talented and who wants to learn. A lot like the kid (McKenzie Milton) he just coached the last two seasons at UCF."

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...s-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2018

"I like the rah-rah attitude from the first day he got there. But the reality is they’re not that good on the offensive and defensive lines, and that’s going to be a critical problem this season."

Therein is the main issue for this season no doubt. Once that gets fixed moving forward, watch out...………..
Or as Coach says - "you better get us now"........

GBR!
That's what jumped out at me too. I think the lines will be improved but really matching up is not just a one year fix, imo.

Last year was an anomaly, the entire program packed it in before October. This season will look vastly different so any coaches basing their opinion on last seasons team is in for a big surprise.

C

Even an incremental improvement defensively will make a huge difference. They were at the bottom of most statistical categories last year. If they end up in the 70s or 80s this year (which still isn't good), that should result in a few more wins. I expect a bigger jump than that, but it just shows how historically bad the defense was last year.

Yeah I think a lot of teams will be pleasantly surprised with the play of the D-line this year. I think the O-line will be better not great, but better.
Coaches are pumped with what they have at DL. They feel good about NG if Stoltenberg can stay healthy, because they like Daniels. Davis twins, Thomas, Stille, Akinmoladun all give them 5 different options at DE.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back