• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G awards rolling in

Congratulations to all on their well-deserved awards.
Oh, I did not see this thread!! I'll repost what I "said" in the other one I posted. :)

Will someone take my other thread down? It is:

"Huskers Headline Big Ten Baseball Awards" Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Huskers Headline Big Ten Baseball Awards​

Lincoln – The 2021 Big Ten champion Nebraska baseball team was well represented on Sunday when the Big Ten Conference released its season baseball awards, with the program capturing three of the league's major awards. Junior infielder/right-handed pitcher Spencer Schwellenbach became the first Husker baseball player to be named Big Ten Player of the Year, Max Anderson was named Big Ten Freshman of the Year and Will Bolt was tabbed as Big Ten Coach of the Year.

Schwellenbach is the first Husker baseball player to be named conference player of the year since 2005, when Alex Gordon won Big 12 Player of the Year for the second straight season. He is the seventh player in program history to earn the honor, joining Gordon (2004, 2005), Matt Hopper (2003), Aaron Marsden (2003), Jed Morris (2002), Shane Komine (2000, 2001) and Darin Erstad (1995). A contributor in all three facets of the game, Schwellenbach has been Nebraska's No. 3 hitter all season, started every game at shortstop and has served as the team's closer.

Rest of the article:

OK, a reminder:

Nebraska finished the regular season with a 31-12 record to capture the Big Ten Championship. The Huskers will learn their postseason destination during

Monday's NCAA Selection Show, slated for 11 AM (CT) on ESPN2.

Be there, or be square!! ;)

GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back