• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G announces new bowl lineup for 2020-2025

Not to mention above 2020-2025 bowl list ...... 2020-21 Orange Bowl II. Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens. January 11th 2021, CFP National Championship game, Huskers will face probably 'Bama or Clemson.

God's will.

Last edited:
Could be 2020-2025 are different but 2018 ..... same bowl. Just changed sponsor.

matter of time ...... new sponsor. Toilet Bowl !!

91wQ66agNVL._SY355_.jpg

I don't care who sponsors it, I just want to see the Huskers play in it.

C

Good places for bowl games:

Orlando, Miami, San Diego, Honolulu, San Diego, New Orleans, Arlington, Atlanta, Glendale, Houston, Pasadena, San Antonio, Tampa, Las Vegas, and Austin.

So-so bowl cities:

Memphis, Nashville, Jacksonville, Mobile, Birmingham, Dallas/Fortworth, St. Petersburg, Boca Rotan, Tempe, Tuscon, Phoenix, Daytona Beach, Anaheim, Fresno, Shreveport, San Jose, Seattle, and Albuquerque.

Orlando, Miami, San Diego, Honolulu, San Diego, New Orleans, Arlington, Atlanta, Glendale, Houston, Pasadena, San Antonio, Tampa, Las Vegas, and Austin.

So-so bowl cities:

Memphis, Nashville, Jacksonville, Mobile, Birmingham, Dallas/Fortworth, St. Petersburg, Boca Rotan, Tempe, Tuscon, Phoenix, Daytona Beach, Anaheim, Fresno, Shreveport, San Jose, Seattle, and Albuquerque.

if you say so ... but, I would welcome our Huskers back to the Music City Bowl in a heart beat. Had a great time meeting up with friends from HS & NU last time. Moreover, would love to see them thump an $EC team in Nashville.

Hail Varsity article link...

The Big Ten’s future bowl lineup consists of the following postseason games:
  • Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual (Pasadena, Calif.)
  • Capital One Orange Bowl (Miami)
  • Citrus Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)
  • Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
  • Las Vegas Bowl (Las Vegas)
  • Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Bronx, N.Y.)
  • Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.)
  • Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix)
  • Redbox Bowl (Santa Clara, Calif.)
  • Quick Lane Bowl (Detroit, Mich.)
With the additions of the Las Vegas, Belk and Cheez-It bowls, the Big Ten’s partnership with the Holiday, Foster Farms and Lockheed Martin Armed Services bowls come to an end.

I do not like losing the Holiday Bowl. That was a good one.

That's a pretty good lineup of bowl games, but my level of excitement dropped a little after reading this.

The Big Ten has six-year agreements with 11 bowls, including new deals with Las Vegas and the Belk Bowl in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Big Ten will alternate with the SEC in Las Vegas -- the expected new home of the Oakland Raiders -- and in Charlotte, with the Big Ten taking odd-numbered years in Las Vegas and even-numbered years in Charlotte.

Wish it was a yearly tie-in with the bowl game in Las Vegas.

Last edited:

So-so bowl cities:

Tampa and St. Petersburg are essentially one and the same when it comes to the destination, although the St. Pete stadium is the crappy Rays indoor stadium and the Tampa stadium is the nice outdoor Bucs stadium.

if you say so ... but, I would welcome our Huskers back to the Music City Bowl in a heart beat. Had a great time meeting up with friends from HS & NU last time. Moreover, would love to see them thump an $EC team in Nashville.

I was surprised Music Bowl was the middle of the pack payout bowls (in 2018). More payout than Pinstripe. I thought bottom of the list, equal to Quick Lane, New Mexico Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl, etc.

Last edited:

I was surprised Music Bowl was the middle of the pack payout bowls (in 2018). More payout than Pinstripe. I thought bottom of the list, equal to Quick Lane, New Mexico Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl, etc.

Listening to our Nashville sports radio makes it sound like Music City Bowl is on the rise among all the bowls ... they were pretty excited to have the #3 B1G pick now which probably equates to a divisional second place finish.

The days of a couple 6-6 teams playing in Nashville are long gone ... probably going to be looking at a game with a pair of 9-3 teams moving forward. When you are hosting games like Tennessee vs Nebraska or LSU vs Notre Dame, it creates a lot of interest.

Recent NFL draft proved that Nashville could host a large event and do it well with some 600K visitors. I think their goal is to get into the discussion as a host for a future CFB playoff game.

I just hope we never have to play in the Quick Lane Bowl. Detroit in December is not much of a reward.

Agreed the Pinstripe bowl in NY and the Detroit bowls seem like punishment, not fun bowls. I would never travel to either location for a game in December.

Listening to our Nashville sports radio makes it sound like Music City Bowl is on the rise among all the bowls ... they were pretty excited to have the #3 B1G pick now which probably equates to a divisional second place finish.

The days of a couple 6-6 teams playing in Nashville are long gone ... probably going to be looking at a game with a pair of 9-3 teams moving forward. When you are hosting games like Tennessee vs Nebraska or LSU vs Notre Dame, it creates a lot of interest.

Recent NFL draft proved that Nashville could host a large event and do it well with some 600K visitors. I think their goal is to get into the discussion as a host for a future CFB playoff game.

Auburn (7-5) throttled Purdue (6-6) last year. Like 65 to 10. Just wondering .... Music bowl attendees ??

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back