• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G 2018 All conference/Div 1 All Americans & their Recruiting Star ranking

Bucknell on the list is sorta wild. At least to me, I know nothing about them.
Things I know about Bucknell:
  1. nickname is "Bison"
  2. located in Pennsylvania
  3. have a good Russian Studies program
  4. they upset Kansas in the 1st round of the 2005 NCAA Tournament

Army and UCF are good examples/exceptions of why weak schedules do still exist. I'd love for UCF to be moved into one of the Power 5 to see how well they play, but UCF played zero ranked opponents. Army played one in Oklahoma (and played well) but the rest of their strength of schedule was so weak that they were ranked lower than UCF.
Army knows exactly who they are on offense and play hard every down. They’re athletes have incredible demands on them, they’re smart ,focused and driven but it takes a special coach to coach them.They’re not afraid to play anyone ,they went into Penn State a few years ago and gave them all they could handle. I look forward to watching them play Michigan next season.

Army knows exactly who they are on offense and play hard every down. They’re athletes have incredible demands on them, they’re smart ,focused and driven but it takes a special coach to coach them.They’re not afraid to play anyone ,they went into Penn State a few years ago and gave them all they could handle. I look forward to watching them play Michigan next season.
That's great, but I wasn't talking bad about Army. Just stating the reason they had a good record was because of a weak schedule, not due to being better than a majority of college football. Next year is no exception. Besides Michigan, Air Force or Navy will probably be their most difficult game...

That's great, but I wasn't talking bad about Army. Just stating the reason they had a good record was because of a weak schedule, not due to being better than a majority of college football. Next year is no exception. Besides Michigan, Air Force or Navy will probably be their most difficult game...
It’s a program full of Rex Burkheads ( attitude & work ethic) they deserve their ranking if the UCF’s and Northern Illinois of the NCAA deserve theirs.

It’s a program full of Rex Burkheads ( attitude & work ethic) they deserve their ranking if the UCF’s and Northern Illinois of the NCAA deserve theirs.
I stated what I think UCF and Northern Illinois needs to fix for them to be taken seriously: join a P5 conference (or at least increase strength of schedule). Same goes for Army.

Reminds me of the NRA sticker I ordered recently ;)
My quotation is Russian for "And a good Russian Studies program." What I think you mean is the Spartan King Leonidas quotation at Thermopylae when the Persians told the Spartan and Greek defenders to lay down their arms: ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Come and take (them)."

That's about as bad @$$ as they come.

Football: Probability of competing beyond high school
When we survey NCAA student-athletes about their expectations of moving on to professional athletics careers, the results indicate surprising confidence in that possibility. The reality is that very few go pro.

Estimated probability of competing in college football
upload_2019-4-25_19-59-51.png

Sources: High school figures from the 2017-18 High School Athletics Participation Survey conducted by the National Federation of State High School Associations; data from club teams not included. College numbers from the NCAA 2017-18 Sports Sponsorship and Participation Rates Report.

Estimated probability of competing in professional football
upload_2019-4-25_20-0-42.png

• NFL draft data from 2018. There were 256 draft picks in that year’s draft, 255 of whom were former NCAA players. NCAA to Major Pro figure calculated using these data.
  • NCAA divisional breakdown of the 255 NCAA players selected in the 2018 NFL draft: Division I FBS (232), Division I FCS (19), Division II (4). The five football conferences with autonomous governance accounted for 185 of the 253 NCAA draft picks (SEC=53, ACC=49 [includes Notre Dame], Big Ten=33, Pac-12=30, Big 12=20).
  • We estimate that 3.9% of draft-eligible Division I players were chosen in the 2018 NFL draft (251 / 6,451). Splitting this calculation into subdivision, 6.7% of FBS players were estimated to be drafted (232 / 3,468), as compared to 0.6% of FCS players (19 / 2,983). Narrowing further to the five Division I conferences with autonomous governance (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC), we estimate that 11% were drafted (185 / 1,739).
  • Additional professional or semi-professional opportunities exist in leagues such as the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League. Estimations for opportunities beyond the NFL are not included in our table.
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/research/football-probability-competing-beyond-high-school

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back