• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Awesome French Toast

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
10 Year Member
After I ate the French Toast I made, I thought my arteries were going to explode...

What you need:
- Challah Bread (regular white bread works too)
- Eggs
- Bailey's Irish Cream
- Flavored coffee creamer if you are making it for kids
- Sweet cream cheese like Hazel nut or honey, etc. from one of your local Bagel shops
- large baking pan big enough to hold 2 pieces of bread at a time

What you do:
- Slice the Challah bread from 3/4" to 1" thick.
- Make your egg wash as you would normally do, except pour in Bailey's instead of milk.
- If you are making it for kids too, used flavored coffee creamers in place of the Bailey's.
- Soak your bread on both sides in the egg wash
- Place it in a hot pan or on a hot Griddle and cook like you normally cook french toast
- When it is ready flip to the other side, while it is cooking on the other side, spread some cream cheese on one of the pieces of french toast
- Once the other side has cooked, put the two pieces together with the cream cheese in the middle like a grilled cheese
- Cook for a minute or so on each side to make sure the cream cheese is gooey

Enjoy

:drool:

Let me know when you try it and I did something else really intersting, I used 1921 Cream Tequila in it this week.

Still awesome!

Tried this recipe a while back....FANTASTIC....

I tried it again but added dash of Nutmeg and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the egg soak....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My only mistake is I forgot to sprinkle it with cinnamon/ sugar mixture before eating...NEXT TIME!

Tried this recipe a while back....FANTASTIC....

I tried it again but added dash of Nutmeg and a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the egg soak....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

My only mistake is I forgot to sprinkle it with cinnamon/ sugar mixture before eating...NEXT TIME!

I have to try it!

On the "when the two pieces are ready to flip on the grill" part: Are you saying to flip ONE piece (so the just cooked side is up), quickly spread the cream cheese on the "just cooked top side", THEN place the other piece (cooked side down) on top of the cream cheese? That way you have the "grilled cheese sandwich" look, but now you can flip the whole sandwich again to EQUALLY cook both sides of each bread slice!

Last edited:
On the "when the two pieces are ready to flip on the grill" part: Are you saying to flip ONE piece (so the just cooked side is up), quickly spread the cream cheese on the "just cooked top side", THEN place the other piece (cooked side down) on top of the cream cheese? That way you have the "grilled cheese sandwich" look, but now you can flip the whole sandwich again to EQUALLY cook both sides of each bread slice!

Yep!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back