• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Avante Dickerson.Decommits From MN;

With offers from anyone and everyone, I also would not have been shocked to see LSU or Ohio State. Definitely surprised by this. I wonder what the draw was.

Good luck to him. Hope he helps them beat Wisconsin and Iowa every year and suffers through a horrible loss to the Big Red annually.

I never saw the kid play, but I'm with South Omaha on this one. So I'll wait and save my recruiting angst for when those two other guys pick Wisconsin. :Biggrin:

I know people are going to say sour grapes, but I watched him play two games on TV, against Creighton Prep and in the State Championship game. He just never really stood out to me. Re-watch the State Championship game and I just didn't see him in the frame very often. I know he runs a legit 4.3 or better, so he is real fast, but being extremely fast doesn't always make you a great football player. I wish him well and it's still a long way to National signing day and as we all know, committeed doesn't always mean committed. I agree with *** in that I thought he wasn't coming either, but I thought it would be a bigger name program.

I'll go on the record and say Bollers and Fidone would be much bigger losses in my mind.
I think the shock is who we lost to. Goes to LSU or Notre Dame, fine. Spurned us for Minnesota? Crazy.

He had a pretty good game against Prep. A few touchdowns and some pass breakups.

Last edited:
Definitely surprised by this. I wonder what the draw was.

Fleck is building a winning program. Heck, maybe the kid needed only watch the last Gopher - Husker game.... It may have seemed clear to him which program was on the rise. It sucks to say that. .... the Frost Effect has surely worn off after two losing seasons. But, yeah... he had some big time choices... and goes Gopher. That sure does sting a little bit more...

Is any unit on this team really "stacked"?
No evidence yet. Not sure this kid was afraid of competition as much as he just wasn't that enthused about NU. I wouldn't be shocked if some bigger boat pulls into the AD marina and pulls him away from MN.

Highest rated in-state loss since 2008 Trevor Robinson. That’s a big blow for us. We need to start winning. Now.

We are soooooo running on vapors right now. Do we have enough momentum to coast into the gas station, or are we gonna end up stranded 1/4 mile away?

Another nut punch for Frost and crew.
Just another in a long line (2+ years) of meh....
Hope he gets things moving soon or I could see this contract being his last at NU.

Last edited:

Fleck is building a winning program. Heck, maybe the kid needed only watch the last Gopher - Husker game.... It may have seemed clear to him which program was on the rise. It sucks to say that. .... the Frost Effect has surely worn off after two losing seasons. But, yeah... he had some big time choices... and goes Gopher. That sure does sting a little bit more...

You may have missed the whole ‘signing day’ thing, but we are still pulling in some nice classes, so the Frost Effect seems to still carry some weight. As for ol’ PJ, it’s funny to have read how pissed many of the fans were during the first part of the year, only to now read he’s the second coming of Urban Meyer.

Rewatch the Huskers vs the gophers from last year....... Who do you think looks like the more physical and dominant team? I will say it again, winning cures a lot of ills. This really sucks. Better do to them this year what they did to us last year.... and add a bit to it as well. Minnesota isn't only one either. Illinois beat us to a pulp physically.

I was hoping Fisher would reel him in. Tough to lose to mn but that’s where we are. If we don’t start winning this could be the norm.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back