• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Austin Allen

juju

The future starts now.
5 Year Member
I think this young man put in some good work in the off-season. He is getting his center of gravity lower and getting in and out of breaks quicker.

Both QBs starting to trust him not rounding off routes. Timing matters.

Kudos young man, coaching staff, and S&C staff in that one.

I was livid after this play. The refs completely botched this one. He didn't jump going into contact. He was literally lifted up, driven 5 yards back, and slammed down on his head. That is clearly unnecessary roughness and the fact that it was not flagged is despicable. We get guys suspended for completely legal hits, but you can try to paralyze a guy and that's OK?

I was livid after this play. The refs completely botched this one. He didn't jump going into contact. He was literally lifted up, driven 5 yards back, and slammed down on his head. That is clearly unnecessary roughness and the fact that it was not flagged is despicable. We get guys suspended for completely legal hits, but you can try to paralyze a guy and that's OK?

I'll ask Kevin.

Plus they didn't want to stop clock as he clearly hit the ball down out of bounds on his way down

As soon as the first defender lifted both of Allen’s feet off the ground, the play should have been stopped. Obviously forward progress was stopped. But they allowed the play to continue, and the defender drove him headfirst into the turf, and 2 more defenders piled on. That was dirty play and poor officiating.

As soon as the first defender lifted both of Allen’s feet off the ground, the play should have been stopped. Obviously forward progress was stopped. But they allowed the play to continue, and the defender drove him headfirst into the turf, and 2 more defenders piled on. That was dirty play and poor officiating.
If someone wanted a video showing what "forward progress was stopped" looks like, that play would be a great example.... yet no whistle from the refs. I was pretty angry watching that.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Frost does not put him in the middle of the defense on opposing field goal attempts for a potential block. Callahan did that with a very tall DE we had at the time. Can’t recall his name. Thought he came from Creighton Prep and played TE in the NFL. He blocked 3 or 4.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why Frost does not put him in the middle of the defense on opposing field goal attempts for a potential block. Callahan did that with a very tall DE we had at the time. Can’t recall his name. Thought he came from Creighton Prep and played TE in the NFL. He blocked 3 or 4

Potter

Benhart Holding
Allen mugging
No call False start on long field goal by Iowa

BIG Ten refs are horrible, just another reason why we should find another conference to play in.

GBR
Maybe. Or Maybe this team doesn't deserve to win games because it makes huge mistakes like muffing a punt or hucking the snap 20 yards into the backfield. I don't think the conference is going to matter for those issues.

Maybe. Or Maybe this team doesn't deserve to win games because it makes huge mistakes like muffing a punt or hucking the snap 20 yards into the backfield. I don't think the conference is going to matter for those issues.
Bob what you raise are entirely separate issues which I whole agree with.
But that doesn't mean that that the BiG refs don't blow and that this conference is not a horrible fit for DONU, separate issues, Bob, separate issues......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back