• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Audio: Charles Jackson's Dad Discusses His Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Charles dad spoke to Schick & Nick this morning.....quite a story....listen here:

-Said they have done everything the NCAA asked of them....had a plan and followed it....ACT score was good....Nebraska called and said he needed one more course....he did it.....NCAA came back and said nope still not good enough....we want to look at a summer course he took in 2010....

-Claiming the Summer 2010 course may not meet the elgibility....confused as to why....has some issue with the NCAA....does not feel they may have handled this correctly....

-His dad seems like a really good guy who is doing everything he can to get this worked out with the NCAA....

-Because its so late in the game his appeal will not be heard this week....coachign staff and his dad have talked about Charles....looks liek a Grey Shirt

-Charles understands this is his fault for not getting the grades his first two years and his dad was openly honest about that.....

-Probally won't hear until September 13....but as his dad said he will believe it when he sees it....

-If the class is not good....he will take the ACT again and raise the score and will enroll at nebraska in January 2012....

http://stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=111&c=981&f=165891

Just as long as he gets here.

Unfortunate that he has to go through that but I'm impressed that he takes all the responsibility for this!

Welcome to NU Charles. When you get here.

The nice thing is that they have Braylon Heard to look to as an example. Hopefully he gets it all donw and does not get too frustrated by the delays.

hopefully the NCAA will allow the class and he just waits until January.

BUt as we saw with Braylon increasing that ACT score is easier said than done.

I wish he could just take another class that the NCAA deems worth and have it replace the questionable one. Because as we saw with Braylon increasing your ACT score is easier said than done.

Good luck Charles, hope to see you here in the spring.

hopefully the NCAA will allow the class and he just waits until January.

BUt as we saw with Braylon increasing that ACT score is easier said than done.

I wish he could just take another class that the NCAA deems worth and have it replace the questionable one. Because as we saw with Braylon increasing your ACT score is easier said than done.

Good luck Charles, hope to see you here in the spring.

I agree. The interesting situation here is that the NCAA red-flagged the instution and not the actual course itself. His father said that they were unaware of the red-flag when they checked out the school. He also stated that other athletes did not have issues with course work through the very same institution. Very confusing.

Oh well, just get here in the spring and it will be basically like a redshirt. The Spring is the important time for a Freshman to join the program anyway.

I agree. The interesting situation here is that the NCAA red-flagged the instution and not the actual course itself. His father said that they were unaware of the red-flag when they checked out the school. He also stated that other athletes did not have issues with course work through the very same institution. Very confusing.

Oh well, just get here in the spring and it will be basically like a redshirt. The Spring is the important time for a Freshman to join the program anyway.

hio, congrats on 14K.

I just hope he stays with us and keeps plugging away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back