• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Auburn v. Florida

Husker Marine

Recruit
5 Year Member
So I had to move down to FL a couple years ago after 30+ years in NE as a diehard Husker fan. Had to hand over my season tix.

My birthday was actually this past Saturday and I was given some tickets and made plans to go to my first game since moving away but finances didn't allow us to travel to the Big Game vs. tOSU...

To my surprise Monday morning at work, I won a pair of tickets to the Auburn-Florida game Saturday! My company is based out of Alabama, so the seats are in the visitors section (AU).

It's a super historic stadium and ESPN Gameday will be there...prime venue.

I'm trying to convince my wife to wear Husker gear to the game and hopefully stick out like a dog's tongue out of an open window in the section that will be mostly navy/white. I can't bring myself to wear, let alone BUY, any Gator or Tiger apparel but want to enjoy the awesome atmosphere and at the same time represent the Skers to the fullest...

Thoughts??

Last edited:
Do it....but take ear plugs. Not for the crowd noise ...but for the "noise" you will inevitably hear about the Huskers!!

Last edited:
I expect you'll need to take plenty of tissues with you as well. The visitors section is well above the clouds in the nosebleed area, so you'll need the tissues !

Do it....but take ear plugs. Not for the crowd noise ...but for the "noise" you will inevitably hear about the Huskers!!

The closest I've come to a fight at a game was the 2002 Penn State game when I drove up to Happy Valley with the wife and some drunk students wanted to talk smack AFTER demolishing us...

I was a hot shot 19 year old Marine fresh out of combat training. Those kids were lucky I restrained myself, with an assist from the wife.

My wife and I will be at the game also. She's an Auburn grad and one of our good friends is a Florida grad so we're all going together. I've had to compromise on gameday gear with her when we have big games vs when they have them. I typically just go neutral blue though. Should be an electric atmosphere and I hope, for my sake, that Auburn whoops em. If not, it'll be a long flight home.

I say don't put on any specific colors worn by a bunch of 18-22 year old football players that don't know you from Adam.

But that is just me.

I'm trying to convince my wife to wear Husker gear to the game
Thoughts??I say absolutely wear your Husker gear! I lived on the MS. coast for close to 12 years, never once had a problem wearing my Husker hats or T's.
but for the "noise" you will inevitably hear about the Huskers!!
Usually, when someone addressed me, it was GO BIG RED! People are pretty much friendly with a Yes Ma'am Yes Sir attitude in the South. I see zero problem with him wearing Husker gear to the game.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back