• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Anyone catch this in the LJS?

And it is flabbergasting that 14,697 fans attended NU's three games vs. Illinois over the weekend, while only 14,597 total attended the other 18 games involving Big Ten teams last weekend.
The Huskers had a season-high home crowd of 5,298 against Cal and two of the games vs. Illinois drew more than 5,200. NU's home average is 2,950.
Nebraska has drawn 47,212 fans so far, with 15 more home games scheduled.
"That kind of turnout is humbling," said first-year coach Darin Erstad. "We've got to be up there (in attendance) with anybody in the country (actually 16th).
"We get whupped on Friday and still get 5,000 to come back the next two days makes me proud to say I'm a part of Husker Nation."
Nebraska drew 4,169 fans on March 6 for the home opener against Kansas State.
The Huskers have put on big offensive displays to entertain those fans.

Also, last night in Nebraska, Nebraska and Creighton drew a combined 8,300 fans to Tuesday night games. Who says baseball isn't big in this state?

Maybe TO should order some "Through these gates walk the Greatest Fans in all of college BASEBALL" to hang at Hawks Field - that'd be awesome!!

Thought about sending that blurb to some of my friends who are fans of other Big Ten programs and telling them they better step up their game in a hurry... basketball might not be great but we take baseball a lot more seriously!! :Biggrin:

Watch out, when we get some pitching to come along, the Huskers are going to be a force. Love the Erstad hire..:thumbsup:

Go Big Erstad! Destroy them! I see the Huskers running away from the competitiion! Go Big Red!

That figure is impressive, funny and sad all at the same time. If NU doesn't win this league, it's going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Could recruiting actually suffer being in the B1G TEN

Possibly. But if NU can consistently win the league and guarantee a regional birth, it may not. Maybe Nebraska starts to elevate some of the other Big 10 schools. Competition breeds success. I'd like to see us be the Wichita State of the North.

Could recruiting actually suffer being in the B1G TEN

Yes. One of the main "sells" of Nebraska when it was in the Big 12 was conference play. You could approach kids and tell them they are playing in one of the premier baseball conferences in the nation, against premiere southern talent.

Now that "sell", is the biggest drawback. Not only is the conference horrible, so is the weather.

But if NU can consistently win the league and guarantee a regional birth, it may not. Maybe Nebraska starts to elevate some of the other Big 10 schools. Competition breeds success

This. This is why its so important for NU to absolutely crush the 200+ RPI teams, starting today. A rising tide floats all ships.

I'd like to see us be the Wichita State of the North.

Not me. I'd rather not have Nebraska have a coach who doesn't know when he should retire, a disgruntled fan base, apathy in the program from the boosters, to the fans down to the players, and a team who hasn't seen the CWS since 1996 or won a game in the CWS since 1994

Yes. One of the main "sells" of Nebraska when it was in the Big 12 was conference play. You could approach kids and tell them they are playing in one of the premier baseball conferences in the nation, against premiere southern talent.

Now that "sell", is the biggest drawback. Not only is the conference horrible, so is the weather.

This. This is why its so important for NU to absolutely crush the 200+ RPI teams, starting today. A rising tide floats all ships.

Not me. I'd rather not have Nebraska have a coach who doesn't know when he should retire, a disgruntled fan base, apathy in the program from the boosters, to the fans down to the players, and a team who hasn't seen the CWS since 1996 or won a game in the CWS since 1994

I was thinking WSU in their hey day. How about NU in it's hey day under Van Horn, does that seem more palatable? I think Erstad can do it, but he's gonna need pitching.

I was thinking WSU in their hey day. How about NU in it's hey day under Van Horn, does that seem more palatable? I think Erstad can do it, but he's gonna need pitching.

The Shockers back in the day were outstanding, and I certainly would take NU under Van Horn!

The Shockers back in the day were outstanding, and I certainly would take NU under Van Horn!

Van Horn was the stuff! And Childress was a great pitching coach. Though, it wasn't fun when you had to do somersaults with a chew in as punishment, especially when you didn't chew. Get 10 yards and yack everywhere...

Van Horn was the stuff! And Childress was a great pitching coach. Though, it wasn't fun when you had to do somersaults with a chew in as punishment, especially when you didn't chew. Get 10 yards and yack everywhere...

They were forced to chew on cancerous crap? If that is true, that is totally wrong and immature. :eek:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back