• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

atlantas new nfl stadium ?

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
heard they are getting a new stadium. They had a dome built in the mid 90s, just before the 96 Olympics, how is it that they can demand the public to pay for a new stadium, when they had a state of the art stadium, and it was only 20-22 years old. I know its a dome, but its also a billion $ + for a new one.

heard they are getting a new stadium. They had a dome built in the mid 90s, just before the 96 Olympics, how is it that they can demand the public to pay for a new stadium, when they had a state of the art stadium, and it was only 20-22 years old. I know its a dome, but its also a billion $ + for a new one.
The really wealthy can and do demand any and every thing they want, that is how money and power work. Didn't work out so well for San Diego's populace when they said no did it.

Last edited:
Braves stadium, Turner Field, was newer than the dome. I recall being at a work conference in 2000 that rented out the stadium and it was only a few years old. Was actually a very nice stadium with excellent food choices (which made for a very good conference mixer).

Not sure why they needed to spend that kind of money on a brand new ballpark.

Braves stadium, Turner Field, was newer than the dome. I recall being at a work conference in 2000 that rented out the stadium and it was only a few years old. Was actually a very nice stadium with excellent food choices (which made for a very good conference mixer).

And put it in such a freaky location.

It's all about demographics. The Braves believe they can cater to a more upwardly mobile crowd in the suburbs than downtown which does better with basketball. The 75/285 junction is fairly accessible and they believe the move will reflect more season tickets and overall improved attendance. Was just there a few blocks from the stadium to teach a couple of weeks ago and got to talk to several area residents.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back