• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Athlon's Big Ten Preseason Predictions

think we are again being given credit for off season championships.. hope one year we can prove these wrong..

Huskers will win some and lose some this year
It's a straight up guarantee that we win every single game that we win this year! Putting us 5th out of 7 teams sadly seems about right, but here is to a double digit game winning season in Lincoln. GBR!!!

Probably about right as far as preseason polls go. NU has earned this, and after last years last place finish, they are being kind. My oh my how this program has tumbled. Hopefully the new faces, new coach’s, and new enthusiasm will inject some life into this team. They’ve lost for so long now, that they have to learn how to win again. That, in of itself, can be a difficult obstacle to overcome. We shall see. 4-8, to 11-1 is possible. The talent is there to do that, but they have much work to do.

Probably about right as far as preseason polls go. NU has earned this, and after last years last place finish, they are being kind. My oh my how this program has tumbled. Hopefully the new faces, new coach’s, and new enthusiasm will inject some life into this team. They’ve lost for so long now, that they have to learn how to win again. That, in of itself, can be a difficult obstacle to overcome. We shall see. 4-8, to 11-1 is possible. The talent is there to do that, but they have much work to do.
Having some sort of pass rush will increase our win total as will even an AVERAGE special teams, will be interesting to see. That’s excluding the OL play

Personnel

Personnel was also an issue. Nelson was our only guy who could get there, Tannor on occasion. Mathis is a guy who was underutilized and should provide instant relief
Scheme has something to do with that as well. Let’s hope he gets better, and the talent plays better. He needs to improve from last years improvement after 3 horrible seasons.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back