• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Athlon Prediction: #5 in West Division

Hooked on Huskers

I'm old as a rock
15 Year Member
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-2021-predictions

Badgers #1, NW fall to #4. Same bottom 3 standings last year

Almost sure no bowl bound .... again :mad:. SF becomes a sizzling hot seat. Right now, warm seat.

Last year standings, only 4 teams made bowls, UW, OSU, NW & Hoosiers.

bgTGWvW.png

Last edited:
If we end up 5th or lower in the West again this year, we may be looking for a new head coach. At some point, we need to be able to jump Minnesota and NW and start to seriously challenge Iowa and Wisconsin.

Its hard to argue much of this but I'd also question the effort put into it. Not saying they are wrong but even their description of break out players and players to watch seemed vanilla. In the end this will be about coaching. Has Nebraska turned the direction on developing this team into a fundamentally strong team.......something we have lacked since SF got here. I believe there has been way too much focus on the offensive scheme from a couple of miles up and not enough focus on the ground work basics. If they get that part handled the potential....even this year with the tough schedule is unlimited.

Its hard to argue much of this but I'd also question the effort put into it. Not saying they are wrong but even their description of break out players and players to watch seemed vanilla. In the end this will be about coaching. Has Nebraska turned the direction on developing this team into a fundamentally strong team.......something we have lacked since SF got here. I believe there has been way too much focus on the offensive scheme from a couple of miles up and not enough focus on the ground work basics. If they get that part handled the potential....even this year with the tough schedule is unlimited.
Same coaching last year.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-2021-predictions

Badgers #1, NW fall to #4. Same bottom 3 standings last year

Almost sure no bowl bound .... again :mad:. SF becomes a sizzling hot seat. Right now, warm seat.

Last year standings, only 4 teams made bowls, UW, OSU, NW & Hoosiers.

bgTGWvW.png
I just want a 500 or better season and make it to a bowl game.Forgive me please if I don’t care where we finish ,we just gotta win 6 games this year.Keep the faith.GBR.

If we end up 5th or lower in the West again this year, we may be looking for a new head coach.
If we end up 5th or lower, it just may mean we have a losing record again, and we 100% should find a new coach. I truly want Frost to take Nebraska to the "promised land" and win a natty, or at the very least, have us in that discussion every single year like we were back in the day. As it is, he just hasn't shown us much at all and as bad as we all think Riley was, he at least had winning seasons here. I feel better now, thanks..... GBR

Probably even odds. Illini beat Huskers last year. At home. Same QB this year (B. Peters).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401247321
Hope illinois can produce all those turnovers.
Been over this , getting 5 turnovers more than your opponent makes it almost impossible to lose.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back