• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Athlon 2024 Bowl Predictions: NU-Tennessee in ReliaQuest Bowl

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member

Not a bad pick, honestly.

At first, I thought the ReliaQuest Bowl was some trash-tier toilet bowl, but it's actually the old Outback Bowl. Historically, the Outback Bowl had the 3rd pick of available B1G + SEC Teams after the BCS Bowls were filled. The current arrangement is a bit less strict, but Athlon is projecting Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Oregon to make the new CFB Playoff Bracket, which infers that they view Nebraska as the best "non-playoff" B1G Team available.

Again, this is just a prediction, but it means they think NU is probably a solid bowl contender. In that tier of B1G teams going to "good-but-not-elite" bowls, they also are forecasting USC (Alamo), Iowa (Citrus), and Washington (Holiday).

Gut reaction? It's nice to be considered in that B-Tier of B1G teams making solid bowl games again. Not where we want to be long-term, obviously, but a far cry better than (a) not making a bowl, or (b) making some Cactus Bowl against the 9th-best MAC Team.

j5SwVam.png

Not a bad pick, honestly.

At first, I thought the ReliaQuest Bowl was some trash-tier toilet bowl, but it's actually the old Outback Bowl. Historically, the Outback Bowl had the 3rd pick of available B1G + SEC Teams after the BCS Bowls were filled. The current arrangement is a bit less strict, but Athlon is projecting Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and Oregon to make the new CFB Playoff Bracket, which infers that they view Nebraska as the best "non-playoff" B1G Team available.

Again, this is just a prediction, but it means they think NU is probably a solid bowl contender. In that tier of B1G teams going to "good-but-not-elite" bowls, they also are forecasting USC (Alamo), Iowa (Citrus), and Washington (Holiday).

Gut reaction? It's nice to be considered in that B-Tier of B1G teams making solid bowl games again. Not where we want to be long-term, obviously, but a far cry better than (a) not making a bowl, or (b) making some Cactus Bowl against the 9th-best MAC Team.
Unlikely, Vols vs. Huskers ..... but probably Music City bowl instead of ReliaQuest-Outback. Repeat 2016 bowl.

https://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2016.html

You know as well as I do that if the Huskers make a bowl, the power to be will do everything they can to match the Huskers up with Texas A&M. Refer to the recent men's and women's basketball tournaments for the credibility of this theory.

You know as well as I do that if the Huskers make a bowl, the power to be will do everything they can to match the Huskers up with Texas A&M. Refer to the recent men's and women's basketball tournaments for the credibility of this theory.

Would they? By that point, it would have been close to a year since TA jumped ship. Old news.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back