• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

At what point will we see Frost give up play calling duties?

No, you may be right. I'm going off horrible memory as well.

I'm not sure Helfrich is the answer as a play-calling OC here, but he sure as hell has a better history preparing QBs at the P5 level with this exact offense than Mario, and will add to the brain-trust. I can't decide whether having Frost, Lubick and Helfrich together again would be a good thing or too many cooks in the kitchen.

I think as long as you have a clear role for everyone and it is clearly defined it can work I guess. I think the big thing is, have someone come in who is very familiar with the scheme (or maybe that's Lubick) and can take over play calling and allow Frost to be a CEO. He clearly is struggling to be a CEO and OC. It's so damn frustrating because we saw him do it at UCF.

I think as long as you have a clear role for everyone and it is clearly defined it can work I guess. I think the big thing is, have someone come in who is very familiar with the scheme (or maybe that's Lubick) and can take over play calling and allow Frost to be a CEO. He clearly is struggling to be a CEO and OC. It's so damn frustrating because we saw him do it at UCF.
I firmly believe the best DC is a good OC. I would love to see Frost share his insight with Chin on what he’s seeing, and offer some insight for in game adjustments. This isn’t the first time Frost has said “I didn’t see it, I was busy getting our guys on O ready”. Let your assistants and your OC get the guys on O ready, you need to stay tuned into the game, and be prepared to help your team make on the fly adjustments.

I firmly believe the best DC is a good OC. I would love to see Frost share his insight with Chin on what he’s seeing, and offer some insight for in game adjustments. This isn’t the first time Frost has said “I didn’t see it, I was busy getting our guys on O ready”. Let your assistants and your OC get the guys on O ready, you need to stay tuned into the game, and be prepared to help your team make on the fly adjustments.

Great post. Agree. I generally don't get too bent on what Frost says in a presser, but that is one that's always stuck in my craw.

I posted this in another thread a moment ago but it applies here too. Apologies for the repost.

The most unacceptable thing about the "fake" punt is Frost said he didn't know what happened because he was busy figuring out what the next play should be on offense. This team needs a leader. Someone who is managing all aspects of the game. Who was watching to see that we had enough men on the field? Who's managing the clock? Who's making sure we're making adjustments. He's the boss. He's responsible for all aspects of the game and he's not doing that.

I can’t get his statement out of my head at the presser when he was hired saying something to the effect he wouldn’t have come back earlier because things were all a mess here, and he certainly wasn’t wrong there, but HE has been an absolute mess. He has done an absolutely terrible job at managing HIS football team the last few years. And he has no one to blame but himself. And if he doesn’t get this dumpster fire under control between now and the end of the year, which I have zero confidence he will, I guarantee we lose some recruits and I don’t blame them. You can’t keep selling come be part of the solution when the solution looks ridiculous.
Frost has done less with more and that’s just the bottom line...... so maybe he should start using that come be part of the solution line to get some actual coaching in this town, and we will start seeing some difference.

The clock is definitely ticking for him and he won’t make it seven years with this foolishness, nor should he.

GBR

Last edited:

"Light" running backs and no vertical pass threat........recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I think frost cares for the program, as some have said, but cares more for his offense and playbook.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back