• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ashley Scoggin (#0) - JUCO Transfer of the Year Finalist

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

Nebraska women's basketball redshirt sophomore Ashley Scoggin has been named 1 of 10 finalists for the NCAA Division I Junior College Transfer of the Year Award, as selected by World Exposure Report News Services.
Scoggin, who is in her first season with the Huskers, has started all 24 games in 2020-21 and is averaging 8.5 points, 2.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists in more than 31 minutes per game. The 22-year-old who had the start of her Division I career sidetracked for four seasons by knee injuries, was an NJCAA All-Region 18 performer in her only season on the court at Salt Lake City Community College.

My opinion of Ashley has changed quite a bit during this unnatural season. Most of the early impressions were colored by the fact that this level of play was not something she had much experience with. Her seeming adjustment to figuring out how dangerous the defenses are in her new league has made her look much more in control. It was disappointing watching her succumb to the quickness of defenders while having the ball stolen of passes picked off. Her desire to drive under the basket really was painful to watch. Lately she seems to have grown into a more cautious passer and ball handler. And those under the bucket drives more often result in a dish instead of stepping on the end line or getting tied up. She still has an unusual playing posture, but it's good to see her learning on the job and becoming a bigger asset to the team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back