• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Asche Gone!

Good for Cody! Now, since he made 2nd Team All American, will he make, at least, 3rd Team Big 12? :sarcastic:

Amen, here, ThotDoc :)

Being 3rd round, he must have gotten an incentive worthwhile. Also, with the coaching turnover, he must have
felt compelled to get it while the gettin's good! ;)

Amen, here, ThotDoc :)

Being 3rd round, he must have gotten an incentive worthwhile. Also, with the coaching turnover, he must have
felt compelled to get it while the gettin's good! ;)

Actually 4th round, but this was a no brainer. playing against weaker competition was not going to be good for him. He would have got better coaching, but not sure how he would have fare being a senior with no leverage in negotiation

Actually 4th round, but this was a no brainer. playing against weaker competition was not going to be good for him. He would have got better coaching, but not sure how he would have fare being a senior with no leverage in negotiation

Agreed. Likely little to no way for Cody to improve his status with another year at NU -- and not like the Huskers are suddenly going to be a CWS contender next season.

Would be awesome to see him in Phillies red some day.

Agreed. Likely little to no way for Cody to improve his status with another year at NU -- and not like the Huskers are suddenly going to be a CWS contender next season.

Would be awesome to see him in Phillies red some day.

You sure are getting a lot of Huskers going to philly teams now that you live there and root for them. :) :thumbsup: Has to be an added bonus. I always love when Huskers go to teams I like.

You sure are getting a lot of Huskers going to philly teams now that you live there and root for them. :) :thumbsup: Has to be an added bonus. I always love when Huskers go to teams I like.

Indeed... big bonus. Love both Nebraska and Philadelphia teams... so to be able to combine the two is perfection. Buckhalter would have been the first to Philly after I'd moved here. I actually think Andy Reid has always had a love of Nebraska football -- and he's the one with the final say on draft day.

Indeed... big bonus. Love both Nebraska and Philadelphia teams... so to be able to combine the two is perfection. Buckhalter would have been the first to Philly after I'd moved here. I actually think Andy Reid has always had a love of Nebraska football -- and he's the one with the final say on draft day.

Yeah, Reid looks like he would love the midwest.

I remember a very famous Philly from Tilden, Richie Ashburn. He used to referee basketball games in the area and got to see him in action many moons ago. Cody's signing is very personal for me because I know the family and they are great people.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back