• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

As expected B. Busch gone

Because Rhule already hired a couple coaches with ST experience and the only holdover I could see him having is maybe Mickey. That's the way the biz goes. After this season's improvement on ST and D, I expect somebody will snatch him up quick.
He said he's not leaving Lincoln regardless

He did a very good job and deserves our gratitude.

There's nothing wrong at all of course with Rhule bringing his own guy in. Retaining loyal coaches simlply can't be a requirement of a new HC unless they believe it helps them better than anyone else.

The HC literally only should have to worry about winning, dsveloping players as young men, and playing by the rules. That's not easy and they'll be fired if they don't. Other agendas just can't apply.

Last edited:
Because Rhule already hired a couple coaches with ST experience and the only holdover I could see him having is maybe Mickey. That's the way the biz goes. After this season's improvement on ST and D, I expect somebody will snatch him up quick.
Agreed, and Mickey isn’t even a guarantee.

Sucks for coach Busch Second time he has been here and let go. The bright spot for him is that he still has 1 year of his contract to be payed out and he has contacts in Lincoln and beyond to keep him employed in some way

He did a very good job and deserves our gratitude.

There's nothing wrong at all of course with Rhule bringing his own guy in. Retaining loyal coaches simlply can't be a requirement of a new HC unless they believe it helps them better than anyone else.

The HC literally only should have to worry about winning, dsveloping players as young men, and playing by the rules. That's not easy and they'll be fired if they don't. Other agendas just can't apply.
It's starting to feel like we are bringing in Temple's former staff for $15M per year.

Well, he definitely isn’t now. I feel bad for him and his family. Dangit!
Man, it’s not hard to stay out of trouble. People can argue w o violence. Everyone can scream and yell, but you cant go crazy. Have to know your boundaries, right from wrong, just have to. Basic stuff.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back