• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Art Briles…

Husker In Oklahoma

All American
20 Year Member
This guy wasn’t found guilty of anything, but oversaw all of it, looked the other way. His story, prior to these things happening at Baylor, is very interesting. I had never heard anything bad about him. He always seamed like a solid, upstanding human, and a good coach. The crash that killed his parents, devastating. I don’t think Art will be able to coach again. As he stated today, just to much backlash over it. I just wonder how he allowed all of that? Did he know about all of it? His conscience, how would that allow you to sleep, rest your bones well? I’d love some thoughts on this.

I have mixed feelings on this one.

Don't know him at all, just know what I've read about what went on at Baylor and his supposed role in it. If he was involved, complicit, whatever, he was not a good person. Like was mentioned, he wasn't convicted of anything, so there's that.

My question is does he deserve a second chance?

Do we just throw people away and never give them a shot at redemption?

I have mixed feelings on this one.

Don't know him at all, just know what I've read about what went on at Baylor and his supposed role in it. If he was involved, complicit, whatever, he was not a good person. Like was mentioned, he wasn't convicted of anything, so there's that.

My question is does he deserve a second chance?

Do we just throw people away and never give them a shot at redemption?
Million dollar question. Agree. Hell, even OJ got another chance, and he killed two people. I’m torn as well.

Million dollar question. Agree. Hell, even OJ got another chance, and he killed two people. I’m torn as well.

If I'm a dad of one of the girls assaulted by his players, I'd have a pretty strong opinion.

I don't know that there has ever been solid proof that he was in the know and covered it up. Strong supposition.

He's 66 and looking for one last job. If not a smaller school like Grambling, I'm not sure where he can go. Raiders assistant, maybe?

If I'm a dad of one of the girls assaulted by his players, I'd have a pretty strong opinion.

I don't know that there has ever been solid proof that he was in the know and covered it up. Strong supposition.

He's 66 and looking for one last job. If not a smaller school like Grambling, I'm not sure where he can go. Raiders assistant, maybe?
Nah, I certainly don’t see him in the NFL. The backlash there would be off the charts. Maybe another HS, if that. I think he’s probably done. I’d just like to honestly know, what did you know Art?

Nah, I certainly don’t see him in the NFL. The backlash there would be off the charts. Maybe another HS, if that. I think he’s probably done. I’d just like to honestly know, what did you know Art?

We’ll likely never find out.

If he was really clean in all this, genuinely didn’t know anything and did nothing to cover it up (seems next to impossible, but who knows?) it’s a shame.

We’ll likely never find out.

If he was really clean in all this, genuinely didn’t know anything and did nothing to cover it up (seems next to impossible, but who knows?) it’s a shame.
That’s why I want to really know. He was not found to be involved criminally, but that doesn’t mean he knew nothing. It’s hard to believe he knew everything. With him having two daughters himself, I’d think he would have found all that appalling. I’d just like to know all.

It's crazy the amount of people that have come out to criticize Coach Briles. Don't know what he did or didn't do. But my response to those people that think he shouldn't be allowed to redeem himself.

1646141245660.png

It's crazy the amount of people that have come out to criticize Coach Briles. Don't know what he did or didn't do. But my response to those people that think he shouldn't be allowed to redeem himself.

View attachment 78961
I agree. Doesn’t seem like his previous character would have allowed that to happen, but at the same time, not saying it didn’t happen either. Be nice to know the entire truth. It was an awful situation for sure.

Blacklist forever. No chance second try.
Would Dr. Tom have been cancelled in today's age? Maybe. Glad he wasn't.

I just don't believe in no second chances for a guy who wasn't found guilty of anything. Doesn't mean he didn't bear culpability for what was going on in his program, but he has paid for that and I'm ok with him getting another opportunity. Then again, I'm not a cancel culture type of guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back