• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Army All-America Game Bowl Game Thread

Pola-Gates doesn't look like he is 6'-2" in that photo. For comparison, Rattler is listed at 6'-1" and Robinson at 6'-6".

There's actually talk that NPG measured closer to 5-10 at the All-American Bowl.

Last edited:
All-American Bowl: The Gorney Awards

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE

This award goes to the most dynamic and exciting player during the week, the guy who gets everyone's attention when he has the ball. Nebraska signee Wandale Robinson was the clear winner for this category, since he was dynamic all week in practice, made the ordinary look exciting and then he had a nice game with four catches for 91 yards.

MIGHTY MITE

This goes to the smallest guy who made the biggest impact and played bigger than his size, and Wandale Robinson is the far-and-away winner again. He is so dynamic and fun to watch, and while I despise comparisons sometimes he does look and play a whole lot like Purdue WR Rondale Moore,
except Robinson was better than Moore at the same event.

PHYSICAL PROWESS

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now, and Bryce Benhart is one of those guys. The Nebraska offensive line signee is all of 6-foot-9 and he will be well over 300 pounds but is trimmed up now for wrestling season. No offensive lineman looked even close to him physically.

Ty Robinson got honorable mention for the "BULL MARKET" award, which goes to the player who raised his stock the most during the week.

Noa Pola-Gates got honorable mention for the "SNUGGIE" award, which goes to the player who provided the best coverage on defense during the week.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/all-american-bowl-the-gorney-awards

Last edited:

All-American Bowl: The Gorney Awards

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE

This award goes to the most dynamic and exciting player during the week, the guy who gets everyone's attention when he has the ball. Nebraska signee Wandale Robinson was the clear winner for this category, since he was dynamic all week in practice, made the ordinary look exciting and then he had a nice game with four catches for 91 yards.

MIGHTY MITE

This goes to the smallest guy who made the biggest impact and played bigger than his size, and Wandale Robinson is the far-and-away winner again. He is so dynamic and fun to watch, and while I despise comparisons sometimes he does look and play a whole lot like Purdue WR Rondale Moore,
except Robinson was better than Moore at the same event.

PHYSICAL PROWESS

This award is given to the best-looking prospect on the hoof, the guy who looks like he could play in college or even the NFL right now, and Bryce Benhart is one of those guys. The Nebraska offensive line signee is all of 6-foot-9 and he will be well over 300 pounds but is trimmed up now for wrestling season. No offensive lineman looked even close to him physically.

Ty Robinson got honorable mention for the "BULL MARKET" award, which goes to the player who raised his stock the most during the week.

Noa Pola-Gates got honorable mention for the "SNUGGIE" award, which goes to the player who provided the best coverage on defense during the week.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/all-american-bowl-the-gorney-awards
So your saying we almost made a clean sweep.

Makes sense now. 247 shows 6'-2" so that is what I was going by.
https://247sports.com/Player/Noa-Pola-Gates-46050931/

I thought he was taller as well (never look at Rivals unless somebody posts a good article). Then I saw that he measured far different than his 24/7 numbers so I wanted to see what Rivals had.

I think he’s “N” - just curious where he ends up position wise. He’s got a lot of talent.

I thought he was taller as well (never look at Rivals unless somebody posts a good article). Then I saw that he measured far different than his 24/7 numbers so I wanted to see what Rivals had.

I think he’s “N” - just curious where he ends up position wise. He’s got a lot of talent.

He'd be a great nickel.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back