• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Armstrong, Westerkamp to get shots with XFL

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
I'm on mobile so I can't figure out how to share the post, but both Westerkamp and Armstrong have shared letters from the XFL inviting them to work out with teams.

-edit-

Think I got it:

MEH! The XFL will go over like a.....

American football that's not called NCAA or NFL is doomed to fail. But I always have hope that they last long enough to allow some guys a path back into the NFL.

The XFL?

Again?

Why?

Why not?

If you're a guy like Armstrong or Westerkamp, you're a pretty good football player. Maybe not NFL caliber, but maybe so. If you're in their shoes what do you have to lose? Get paid at least a liveable wage to play the sport you love and there's a chance to get noticed.

If you were asking why is the XFL specifically a thing, well, Vince McMahon.

To their credit, they seem to be making the XFL a more serious and less wrestling theatrics kind of game. The whole concept is a hard nosed, non-gimmicky football with fewer commercial breaks and faster games. I think any non-NFL (or CFL) pro league is bound to fail, but would like to see this concept take off.

Why not?

If you're a guy like Armstrong or Westerkamp, you're a pretty good football player. Maybe not NFL caliber, but maybe so. If you're in their shoes what do you have to lose? Get paid at least a liveable wage to play the sport you love and there's a chance to get noticed.

If you were asking why is the XFL specifically a thing, well, Vince McMahon.

To their credit, they seem to be making the XFL a more serious and less wrestling theatrics kind of game. The whole concept is a hard nosed, non-gimmicky football with fewer commercial breaks and faster games. I think any non-NFL (or CFL) pro league is bound to fail, but would like to see this concept take off.

My comment was directed at the XFL, rather than the players involved. I hope it works for Armstrong and Westy's sake, but the league was a joke the last time around. With the recent failure of the AAF, I'm not sure why anyone thinks another alternative will fare any better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back