• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Arkansas regional discussion (prior to games)

BW22SM

Recruit
2 Year Member
Didn't want this lost in the projection thread so started this thread for discussions leading up to Game 1.

We will not be facing Northeastern's "ace" Schlittler, but we will be facing a 6-1 record who was drafted in the 11th round out of high school in 2019. 11th round out of high school is no joke. Just as a note, Schlittler threw last Thursday then again Monday (didn't make it out of the 3rd inning), so I assume he's not at full strength for Friday...

Last edited:

Someone didn't read a single word in the message. Or, chose to ignore it. :Eek:
I heard you. Northeastern is playing to win the Region not just beat NU. It may backfire on them. They can beat us without Schittler. They, however can’t beat Arkansas without him.

Risky yes, but the reward would get great.

Shock the world. Beating Nebraska would be nice but not memorable.

I heard you. Northeastern is playing to win the Region not just beat NU. It may backfire on them. They can beat us without Schittler. They, however can’t beat Arkansas without him.

As I understand it, Their best pitcher pitched twice last weekend and isn't ready for Friday night.

Northeastern's best chance of beating Arkansas comes by beating Nebraska first. I cannot imagine the coach is looking ahead to Arkansas -- because if they don't beat Nebraska, the odds are good they'll never face Arkansas. Teams need to do anything possible to avoid the loser's bracket after the first game -- the odds are very much against digging out of that hole and winning the regional.

I simply think the coach believes a more-rested #2 pitcher is better to start in game one than a less-rested #1 starter. The worst case would be having Schlitter start game and be ineffective due to an over-pitched arm -- and then they've completely wasted him.

Last edited:
Random trivia:

Aaron Civale of the Cleveland Indians is a former Northeastern pitcher. He's in his first full year in the starting rotation with the Indians (age 25) and is tied for second in MLB with 7 wins.

If their best chance to beat Arkansas is to rest their starter and have him ready for Arkansas, then this can help only Nebr.

We beat them with Chance then Northeastern does with their rested starter.

If their best chance to beat Arkansas is to rest their starter and have him ready for Arkansas, then this can help only Nebr.

We beat them with Chance then Northeastern does with their rested starter.
I agree this could potentially help Nebraska.

but come on people were talking a few more hours of rest.

I truly think Northeastern believes they can be us without him. And they are probably right.

I hope the Huskers use this as motivation to kick their A$$$!

This is a different team, different era, different coach than what has been the outcome of previous regionals by this team (the last few years). Most important, different mentality. I think they will be fine against Northeastern. Not looking past them and not trying to be disrespectful to the program, just that this team has been put in a lot of difficult spots and have prevailed. The come back wins against Michigan St and I believe it was Rutgers, going into Indiana and sweeping the pod, and winning two out of three against Michigan when they had already clinched.

I also believe they will be competitive against Arkansas. Of course something that would have given us all a lot more confidence or at the very least some sort of what to expect, is they were allowed to have some semblance of an out of conference schedule.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back