• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Are we recruiting any receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawkfanseth

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
We lose Paul and McNeil after this year. We have Kinney for one more year. I haven't seen a whole lot out of the young guys. Admittedly, they haven't had much opportunity but may get some soon here. We have no receivers in our class right now. We're expecting Chase Harper for next year, right? I was just wondering if we have any receivers contemplating us. This guy seems like he could provide immediate help:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...nham-110594;_ylt=AoVi4s8pudcw2xc.OayUpvhGPZB4
We could use a 6'6"er
This is the only high schooler who is a top prospect who I could find who is considering us (NU and about 15 others)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...rnold-99444;_ylt=Aly0CmkdHVsCb_Q7HKhUorRGPZB4

I'm just a little concerned that as Taylor progresses as a passer he might not have many people to throw to....

I would agree. It seems like out of all the positions on the field, receiver is the one with the least amount of "star power" that we've recruited. We never really have had a top shelf receiver compared to the other teams in the Big 12. Hopefully we can improve that moving forward.

We lose Paul and McNeil after this year. We have Kinney for one more year. I haven't seen a whole lot out of the young guys. Admittedly, they haven't had much opportunity but may get some soon here. We have no receivers in our class right now. We're expecting Chase Harper for next year, right? I was just wondering if we have any receivers contemplating us. This guy seems like he could provide immediate help:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...nham-110594;_ylt=AoVi4s8pudcw2xc.OayUpvhGPZB4
We could use a 6'6"er
This is the only high schooler who is a top prospect who I could find who is considering us (NU and about 15 others)
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...rnold-99444;_ylt=Aly0CmkdHVsCb_Q7HKhUorRGPZB4

I'm just a little concerned that as Taylor progresses as a passer he might not have many people to throw to....

Turner could end up as one, I heard recently that he's going to the Under Armour game as a WR.

Turner could end up as one, I heard recently that he's going to the Under Armour game as a WR.

I've heard this thought too, especially if Bubba makes it to campus and/or Carnes proves to be the excellent quarterback. If Carnes/Bubba are great at QB, then I'd be perfectly fine with getting an athlete like Turner on the field elsewhere.

We already have athlete Daniel Davie a Nebraska kid onboard who is a burner with a high 4.3 speed who project as a WR....

Also we are very high on Taariq Allen who will visit for the Colorado game...he camped at Nebraska this past summer and commited and then decommited from UConn......he really likes us a great deal.....big kid with better than average speed at 4.5 in the 40....problem might be weather we have a slot for him....

Wide Receiver
Weston, Massachusetts
Rivers School
Ht:6'3"
Wt:180 lbs
40:4.5 secs
Shuttle:4.42
Vertical:29 inches
Class:2011 (High School)

As Red already stated, I believe its down to Patrick Onwuasor or Taariq Allen. Who ever pulls the trigger first will probably be the only other reciever we take this class. Limited amount of schollies and dont forget Baptiste!

As Red already stated, I believe its down to Patrick Onwuasor or Taariq Allen. Who ever pulls the trigger first will probably be the only other reciever we take this class. Limited amount of schollies and dont forget Baptiste!

Davie has put up some serious numbers for Beatrice this year. Kid has some serious potential.

I think we would take both. Davie could always slide to a DB if needed. In any case, I doubt we would turn down Allen under any circumstances.

I think we would take both. Davie could always slide to a DB if needed. In any case, I doubt we would turn down Allen under any circumstances.

You are in the know alot more than I am and I like what you are saying! They both would be great additions in my mind!:thumbsup:

I've heard this thought too, especially if Bubba makes it to campus and/or Carnes proves to be the excellent quarterback. If Carnes/Bubba are great at QB, then I'd be perfectly fine with getting an athlete like Turner on the field elsewhere.

This is from ESPN. Good point about Bubba Starling being good enough to play WR or TE.

Starling is a very good quarterback and a fantastic leader, but with Gardner-Edgerton being a predominantly run-orientated team, one can't help but think that Nebraska may have something special on its hands if the quarterback position doesn't work out.

Starling had runs of 62, 56, 54 and 29 yards and that's with Aquinas putting eight defenders in the box. Teams want their playmakers touching the ball on every play and that's why Starling plays the quarterback position, but don't be surprised if he ends up playing tight end or wide receiver for Nebraska.

"We don't pass the ball much." Startling said. "I'm a playmaker and wide receiver is something I've thought about but I'd like to play quarterback. I'm not hung up on positions. I want to be on the field helping my team win."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5722914

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back