• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are we going to get an Accurate Passing QB from the Portal?

Martinez could go 24-25 with 4 tds and no turnovers and you would say "the little lights aren't twinkling".
Nope if he did that game in game out I wouldn’t. You guys don’t realize I don’t hate am. I hope he proves me and many others wrong and shows that he is this grate qb you guys claim he is. If he can stop the turnovers next year and actually make passes down field actually he can get this team to five hundred or better. Shut he could of had us at five hundred if he could of done those things. It’s hard to hold the oline accountable if your star qb turns the ball over three times a game. But here we are with a captain that turned the ball over three or more times a game. Any other team than Rutgers we would of lost if am turned it over like he did with them. Here’s to hoping your right and am turns this ship around and we win some games next year. I just don’t see it though with am at qb.

244F155D-0C09-440D-B01D-B9EF4EF9655D.jpeg

Last edited:
So I have to hate am cause I just don’t see him as that great qb you and others see? Tell me this and be honest if you can do you believe Ohio atate wisky or even Iowa would pick am up in the transfer portal if they could?
. You are a hater because you exaggerate his faults and give no credit or assign blame without the knowledge to back up your claims. You say he can't throw it 10 yards and 90% of his passes go more than 10 yards. Heck half his passes are thrown to the sideline are over 20 yards. It isn't AMs fault this offense has him throwing 25 yard passes to the sideline more often then not.

. You are a hater because you exaggerate his faults and give no credit or assign blame without the knowledge to back up your claims. You say he can't throw it 10 yards and 90% of his passes go more than 10 yards. Heck half his passes are thrown to the sideline are over 20 yards. It isn't AMs fault this offense has him throwing 25 yard passes to the sideline more often then not.
No you want to believe I’m a hater cause your sold on it being everything but ams fault for this teams lack of offense and scoring. As for your 90% of his passes are over 20 yards is false. So obviously you are the one that is spreading lies. Just to bad you have to spread them to try and talk about how grate am is. Do turnovers help or hinder one’s ability to win games?

It’s like this I’m fine with am lighting it up next year and getting us to wins. No hate just being honest what I see. Maybe I’m wrong and your right. He is such a stud and we are lucky to have him
On the field. I just don’t see that since he hasn’t lead us to wins. Maybe it’s the line as you say that is all our problems along with wr. Only problem with that is our best guy on the offense left cause he wasn’t getting the ball the right way. Sure some blame can be frost isn’t calling the right plays or puts him in the wrong position but one play sticks out in my mind and thats wr running wide open down field and am over throws him. You can’t blame it all on frost when am is the one throwing the ball. Look at it this way am is still here and you can keep talking about how grate he is and how it’s the lines fault he isn’t doing good. At the end of the day really doesn’t matter cause I just want to see our team succeed. If that means am turning the corner in year four and not turning the ball over cause the line is doing better great If next year with the receivers turn it around and are getting open and am is having time to get them the ball and we start winning that is great as well. I would rather be wrong on this one cause if I’m right then we are looking at another losing season unless smothers or the kid from Kearney turn out to be decent qbs. Cause if they can’t unseat am we are in trouble for more than just next year.

So from *** response to me earlier I am a firm believer that a few things are causing us issues... Depth must be a major issue if our backups give us weak looks in practice... next ... I also believe we need to develop a image of what we want to be... I hope we use the Rutgers game as a pattern going forward. Lastly the kids absolutely hear and see the negativity and it affects them.... I'm certain they want to succeed... and it seems like we can see them pressing and that's when we have catastrophic errors

Double the RB workload. maintain 70% through the air. and then stick to the plan for the year.

I still think our best offensive attack last year showed up in the Ohio State Game. sure felt like we were searching from then on.

Northwestern turned out to be one of the best defenses we faced all year and our poor performance against them threw off the game planning and momentum big time. It took a couple more games before it felt like we had settled back in. I look back at that Northwestern game and see that as the biggest turning point in our season. Don't over react to that one, is one of my wishes...and I don't think the call for a transfer portal QB is as much a thing.

I'd rather they figure out how to get the RBs going, flip the turnover ratio, and play average in the return game than bring in another QB this year.

AM has had no downfield rec to throw to who had a resonable chance of getting seperation or being open. I appreciate the fact that he didnt wanna throw to a tightly covered wr.

I like Cord Sandberg from Auburn. He is a 4 star dual threat that played minor league ball for the Phillies so he is a little older and more mature. Left handed passer with decent size but not blazing speed but enough to keep a play alive. Reminds me of Chris Weinberg with a touch more speed and maybe the same arm or a touch stronger. I doubt we bring one in but answering the OP I would choose hime if his mind and attitude fit the program.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back