• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are we better?

I’m not sure we’ll be better.

My guess is we’ll continue having a pretty good defense, and effort will still be solid for four quarters.

I really believe special teams will improve by a lot. That’s a one win difference.

I think we’ll have slightly less turnovers. That’s a one win difference.

Our schedule is easier. That’s probably another win.

I think we’ll take a step back in yardage but be better in the red zone.

I think it adds up to 6 wins and saves Scott’s bacon by a hair. By not making a bowl, we’ve missed a year’s worth of practices during his tenure. Make a bowl this year, and I think Whipple shines next season with the extra practices. I expect huge lulls on offense this year. I’ll be shocked by any sort of consistent production.
A .500 season isn’t going to save Frost.

I feel this is a line discussion. Is our OL and DL better? I have a hard time believing the DL will be better despite the addition of edge rushers. We are replacing a lot of folks. Will be watching the first game with some trepidation. First time an RB from the opponent rips off 10 yds + when they should have been smoked in the backfield, our QB getting smashed cuz they don't see the open receivers.... No way of knowing til they give it a crack.

I remember on of Callahans teams....he had a 4 star RB from Juco I think. Kenny something I thought. News out of camp was he was the best ever. Turned out the D was garbage.

Northwestern should be a good indication. If we don't come out and light them up........don't even want to think about it. They should be better...but so should we.
I think the edge of the D line will be better, but the middle will be softer. The D will look great against other finesse teams and the pass rush will be solid but we are likely to get bullied by Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan.

2nd in the West because we choke a game we should not... (I think it will be Minnesota again). 8-4 or 7-5 with a decent bowl game...

Are we are better team? I think from PPG we are because we won't shoot ourselves in the foot as much. I think the OL will be very average unless we get a nastier streak at the point of attack and our new OC does not get overly pass happy in late October and November... I think defense will be decent.. not great.

I do think we start 3-0 .... but only go 4-5 or 5-4 the rest of the way. I do think we beat either Wisconsin or Iowa this year though.. which is step in the right direction.

HCSF keeps his job...
I’m not sure losing to Minnesota would be a bad loss. They are probably going to be the division favorite.

The D will look great against other finesse teams and the pass rush will be solid but we are likely to get bullied by Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan.
And so too the offensive line unless it hugely improves from last year's crap-show.

Scott's teams lack physicality in a physical conference. He's either a poor fit or just a piss-poor coach, or of course both.

The Blackshirts have steadily gotten better every year under Chins regardless of who we've had departing or returning, so I tend to expect a pretty solid Defense this year.

I can't possibly imagine ST getting any worse, and with a full time coach and highly regarded transfers, I definitely expect improvement.

Offense is the obvious wild card and I don't think anyone could make a reliable prediction.

I think 2022 will be better than 2021... The question is, how much better? If Frost wants to stick around, it needs to be a lot better.

Will the surrounding States all hear the collective WTH when Northwestern returns the opening KO for a Touchdown? I expect Something big, in a bad way, will happen to NU on special teams in game 1.

This is really a tough question. Obviously the changes provide one thing we didn’t have before hand…..hope. We lost a lot of our offensive success at quarterback, tight end and line. We have also lost a lot on the defensive line and some at linebacker and dbacks.

In both those cases we are excited about the transfers. Let’s be realistic….we haven’t exactly killed it with transfers and junior college in the last few years. A couple have helped but the success has been limited so I hope we notice a big difference there this year.

We have a little more opportunity with the coaching changes but let’s be realistic. We have already turned over our offensive coordinator twice and once or twice at wide receivers with limited success from the new ones. There is definitely more hope but that hope should be balanced with realism and caution. I think the first few games will start hinting at what we have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back