• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Are Huskers the 'Best' 3-Loss team in MBB?

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
I got to thinking about this (always a dangerous activity for me :eek:) in bed when I was thinking about football ;), and I was wondering if we were the 'Best' 3 loss team in KenPom?

NOT!! :(

Here's who is ahead of us:

#31 - G'town - 3-3
#37 - Wiscy - 4-3
#42 - Tejas - 3-3
#43 - Shockers - 2-4
#44 - San Diego St - 5-3
#49 - UCLA - 4-3
#61 - Boise St - 3-4
#64 - Temple - 2-3
#65 - NC St - 4-3
#73 - Ohio St - 2-4
#75 - Richmond - 4-3
#82 - Illini - 3-4
#88 - LSU - 3-3
#90 - Belmont - 5-3
#92 - Tennessee - 4-3
&
#94 - Stephen F. Austin - 3-3

REALLY! :eek: Our Losses are to 'Nova (#1), Cincy (#16), and Miami (#17), One OT and the last two within 5 pts, l'm seeing a lot of room to Move-Up! (if we don't lose our Cool). This Team is growing-up fast!

Creighton and Rhode Island better 'Watch-Out!' :nod:

Last edited:

Wisconsin is really a head scratcher! I watched them against Oklahoma and was very underwhelmed. They lost a lot from last year. Their ball movement is not what we expect from a Bo Ryan team. Granted, I am basing this off of a very small sample size, but without Kaminsky and Decker stretching the defense, they are pedestrian. Hayes is still REALLY good!!

The potential exists for things to "click" for us. If so, this could be a very fun season and would set us up nicely for the future. But it's not going to be easy. The B1G is tough this year, with arguably as many as 7 teams being as good as the Miami team we just lost to. How we finish up the non-con will be very telling.

REALLY! :eek: Our Losses are to 'Nova (#1), Cincy (#16), and Miami (#17), One OT and the last two within 5 pts, l'm seeing a lot of room to Move-Up! (if we don't lose our Cool). This Team is growing-up fast!

I dont know if you think we lost to Villanova by 5 points, but we lost by 27 points...

That was our only bad game thus far IMO. I mean Nova went on two major runs and we could not make shots.

I got to thinking about this (always a dangerous activity for me :eek:) in bed when I was thinking about football ;), and I was wondering if we were the 'Best' 3 loss team in KenPom?

#31 - G'town - 3-3
#37 - Wiscy - 4-3
#42 - Tejas - 3-3
#43 - Shockers - 2-4
#44 - San Diego St - 5-3
#49 - UCLA - 4-3
#61 - Boise St - 3-4
#64 - Temple - 2-3
#65 - NC St - 4-3
#73 - Ohio St - 2-4
#75 - Richmond - 4-3
#82 - Illini - 3-4
#88 - LSU - 3-3
#90 - Belmont - 5-3
#92 - Tennessee - 4-3
&

Just have to learn how to "finish", period.

#31 - G'town - 3-3
#37 - Wiscy - 4-3
#42 - Tejas - 3-3
#43 - Shockers - 2-4
#44 - San Diego St - 5-3
#49 - UCLA - 4-3
#61 - Boise St - 3-4
#64 - Temple - 2-3
#65 - NC St - 4-3
#73 - Ohio St - 2-4
#75 - Richmond - 4-3
#82 - Illini - 3-4
#88 - LSU - 3-3
#90 - Belmont - 5-3
#92 - Tennessee - 4-3
&

We don't want to know what exactly it was you were actually doing in bed, thinking about Husker football....:lol:

I always give you guys the easy 'lay-ups!' :stickouttongue:

Last edited:

I always give you guys the easy 'lay-ups!' :stickouttongue:

:Biggrin:

To be fair though, we have looked pretty good, with the exception of the 'Nova game and that 22 - 0 run they had. We had Miami on the ropes and just couldn't throw the knock-out punch. I think we can have quite a successful season this year.

Originally Posted by Red Don

I dont know if you think we lost to Villanova by 5 points, but we lost by 27 points...

That was our only bad game thus far IMO. I mean Nova went on two major runs and we could not make shots.

The last two losing games were Cincinnati, 61-65, & Miami, 72-77 in OT.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back